Friday, June 6, 2008

North Carolina

Here are the pictures and stories from our recent trip to NC.
Does anyone else snap pictures of weird things all the while planning the blog post in their head?? LOL
We stopped at a hotel Friday night. We usually don't do this. We just drive straight through. Its anywhere from a 7.5 hour to 9 hour drive. Since for some odd reason we did not leave until 8p.m. Friday night we decided to stop.
Here is the smoke detector in our room. It worked just fine. Whenever someone finished their shower and opened the bathroom door the steam from the hot bathroom would cause the smoke detector to go off. Nice.
They already had a crib in the room. We never get one of these. We just tote around our pack n play. This crib was really cool though...
It had it's very own baby escape hatch and...
baby impaler! Needless to say...
we used this! Look you can see his little foot..Aww!
He was OUT!

Adrian camped out on the floor. I threw the crib mattress on the floor and covered it with a sheet. See it was good for something! Though he still ended up scooting off the matress and onto the floor.
The girls shared the bed. They are just waking up. My kids are cute!

Kelsie waiting for the graduation to start. She looks enthused!
Here comes the graduate. Aunt Jenny to my babies. Can you believe I used to babysit this girl?!


Here is her preacher giving her the charge to continue serving God. He had some great things to say about her. She is a great worker in their church and a real example to others!
That's her dad in the background... already a little choked up!! He is one of my spiritual mentors.
Here is her dad talking about the accomplishments she has made and what a great kid she is!
A really bad picture but I had to post it...aww!! I'd been teasing her earlier telling her she was going to cry and she kept saying she wasn't. Hey, Jen, "I told you so!"


This is her hugging her mom. I was at a weird angle. See the tissue in mom's hand. She cried from the first chord of Pomp and Circumstance. Too sweet!

Both of the graduates got a copy of the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. A bit of trivia... I was given this as a graduation present as well 11 years ago.
With her homeschool diploma. They got to design the cover and everything. It was really neat.
After the graduation and dinner. "Can we go home now, mom?" "No, honey, there are millions of pictures left to be taken!"


"Honey, when are we leaving?" "After all the pictures in the world are taken!" Adrian found something to entertain him! Of course my oldest was not thrilled that we would not let her run around with all the other kids.



Tamara found a way to entertain herself.

Then the camera man posed my children and took really cute pictures of them. I took really amateur pictures of them. LOL
Ice cream on the way home from graduation! Such bliss on this small face.


I almost made this picture all about my oldest boy. Look at the ice cream on his face. But then I noticed my little priss in the back. The napkin in her lap and no less that two napkins wrapped around the cone!



Waiting for his ice cream. Can you see the twinkle in his eye? Its always there! How can I resist?
Miss Priss after her ice cream. Just the faintest traces around her mouth.
My graduate and Aunt Jenny. Tamara graduated from kindergarten this year.
Not one to be left out of pictures....
I love this picture. Check out the eyebrow action on my baby. Irresistible!




We had so much fun. It was a weekend of graduation parties for Aunt Jenny. This week the family of this girl will leave to go see their oldest son graduate from Navy Boot Camp. He is so handsome I can't wait to get a picture of him in uniform. :) Yes, I used to babysit him as well!
Be Blessed!

5 comments:

  1. You have beautiful children! I love candid shots too. And I too take pics of silly things like salads,cornbread,bugs, and old bikes for my blog. I think we all do. I THINK! If you don't - well, don't tell me then I might get a complex. Hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I read about you on 'cherish the home' so had to come and check out your blog.
    My husband is glad to hear I'm not the only one who is always thinking about blog posts! That looks like a scarey hotel room...but hay it gave you something to blog about.
    Nice 'meeting' you...I'm an adoptive mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip you all had!
    I love road trips and for some weird reason I love, love, love staying at hotels. I don't know what it is but ever since I was little I loved hotels!

    This month is indeed the month for lots of graduations!

    Hope you and your family have a blessed weekend!

    God be with you all,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pictures are adorable. I just stumbled onto your blog. I was looking for home binder info. ( I am organizationally challenged) Anyway just want to say hi and that your pictures of your motel adventure were great. Have a great Day Deeny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, yes. I have some pictures that I look at sometimes and think...now why did I take that picture?

    Deborah, you have a great blog. I have saved it to explore more later! :) I am a drama queen so the more drama the better! LOL

    Dawn, I used to love hotels a lot more when I was younger. Now, I just can't get comfortable.. :)

    Deeny, thanks for stopping by. I too am organizationally challenged. Though I am learning. :)

    ReplyDelete