Thursday, June 5, 2008

Maiden Karly Week 1

I had a great time with Karly. We got everything done but her sewing. We will probably do that Saturday.
We used this book. I have wanted this book and wanted this book forever! When I went to pick up The Pearables book at our local homeschooling store I grabbed this one as well. I had the money and knew it would be a good investment! Its a great investment.
I was not raised to be a keeper at home. I am excited to learn through this book with my daughter.
Here she is reading about eggs.

Here is the recipe for french toast and scrambled eggs. It was a very simple recipe. I hardly helped at all.
A great tip for beginner or clumsy cooks was to crack your egg in a small bowl first and then transfer to a larger bowl. It will be easier to get any eggshells out.
Mixing up the eggs and milk for the french toast.
French toast cooking.

Turning the french toast.
MMM! Doesn't that look good?
Scrambling the eggs.

A million times I fought the urge to grab the spatula. You know how easy it is to just scramble up some eggs. She wanted it perfect so she was slow and methodical. LOL
Plating the eggs.



Getting ready to do our devotional over a snack and some apple tea. The apple tea was her cooking assignment for the week. Delicious and easy to make. I will give the recipe later.
The flowers in the Garden that the Gardener created to be beautiful. This is from the first chapter of the Raising Maidens of Virtue book.
One of the two verses from the first chapter that Karly decided to focus on this week.
Karly's Maiden binder. It says Maiden Karly Rose and she decorated with the foam sticky hearts.
A few other mom's have said they are doing the book as well. I am curious are you doing the scrapbook?
Be Blessed!



3 comments:

  1. This looks really neat. It seems that everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor. I WANT TO LIVE AT YOUR HOUSE!!!! So cool, Julie. I was doing the Home Ec book you have listed with your little girls with Charlotte, but felt it was too beneath her...she is 11. I too had a hard time with the wanting to grab the spatula, but like you, I restrained myself. We are starting the Raising Maidens of Virtue for our summer devotional and I had not thought of a scrapbook. Charlotte LOVES to do crafty things, so I am thinking that may be a good thing. Can you share what is actually inside? Is it the flower pic and the verse? How often are you doing the book RMofV? Once a week? I am thinking a chapter a week and then expounding on the lesson every day.
    As for the lessons for Zach, I bought a great book, but wonder if it is over his head. Maybe the one you have would be better. Hmmmmm
    Are you sure you won't move to Northern Illinois?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, thanks. It will give me lots of blog fodder for the summer!! LOL

    Bren, this is the only fun day at our house.. ;)
    She might do better with this older book I am doing with Karly. It is very detail oriented. It starts out slow and builds up. Of course some people don't need a book, but I am homekeeping illiterate in so many ways that it helps me chart a course.
    We are doing RMoV once a week on Wed. So far the only thing in her book is the verses and picture. I am making it up as I go.
    The one I am using with my son is comparable to the younger girls Home Ec series. It has some great stuff in it. One chapter is devoted to taking care of and protecting your sisters!! How cool is that?
    The more I get to know you the more I think I want to move to Northern Illinois! LOL

    ReplyDelete