Friday, June 27, 2008

I did not need it..

I was at the store the other day and saw this cute little smoothie book. We are big smoothie drinkers here and I am always looking for new recipes.
I had a little extra money so I grabbed the book and plunked it into my cart. As we made our way to the cash register I started thinking about what was in my cart that I might not need.
As I looked at the Smoothie book I could not help but think of the wonderful tool we have now called the Internet. I can google smoothies and come up with thousands of recipes. Did I need a $10 cookbook with only about 50? Out that went. So before you pick up a cookbook or any book figure out if its something you can find for free online.

Don't get me wrong if I find a good cookbook I will buy it, but I did not see the need for a smoothie book! :)

For more frugal tips visit Crystal's blog!

Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the excellent advice! I am going to do that all the time with the things I put in my cart. I am trying to shop only from my list, but am not quite there yet! I have picked up magazines, cookbooks, etc. and not needed them!!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you had bought it, it wouldn't have gone with the fact that you are trying to declutter. I don't think you would have enjoyed it at all, so glad you put it back - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do this all the time!! My Hubby is telling me all the time "its a cook book!! Is there really something new in it!!" I just love your blog. Great ideas with the children this week. I just might"steal" some of them. If you ever want to try a new smoothie let me know!! I have a "few" books :-) Have a great night.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, thats great. Im glad I could help. I really though DH was going to fall over when I put it back. LOL

    Audra, YES! Good thinking.

    Rachelle, I'm glad you are enjoying the series I am doing with the kids. Its been so enlightening for me to spend that extra time with them.
    I too have an unnatural love of cookbooks. LOL. I bought a smootie book for .25 at our local library sale but it was way too new agey for me. Isn't that weird! LOL

    ReplyDelete