Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gracious Kelsie and Tamara Week 1

Our little friend from church did not get to join us this week, but next week she should be here. The girls said they loved it!
We started with this book. Today we learned how to say hello and goodbye politely. How to introduce ourselves and others. And how to shake hands. It was good stuff. I love, love, love the illustrations in this book!
We learned how to greet one another and then colored a picture. Here is a challenge. Try to find coloring pages for manners... I was searching for two hours.
Here is a principle I pulled from the book and copied onto a paper and let the girls use stick on foam hearts to decorate.
She really did have fun doing it. Ignore that face!!



Next I wrote out the list of "How to have a happy handshake" and put the only coloring page of shaking hands on there for the girls to color.



Here is the book we are using for our Home Economics. It is so cute and sweet.
Here we discussed nutrition and what our body needs. The book listed Junk food as a need (though it did talk about how we should not eat too much!) the girls got a kick out of that. They are drawing pictures of the different foods. Look how Tamara is concentrating. Too cute!



Sorry about the blurriness for this picture and the next. I am still learning how to use this camera.


Here they colored the pictures in their books. The girl in this book is named Faith and we are learning with her.


The girls talked non stop about the fun they had. I am so thankful!!
I just realized I did not get a picture of their Bible verses. I will have to get that next week.
Be Blessed!



1 comment:

  1. thats great! i love emilie barnes and have lots of her books.


    candy

    ReplyDelete