Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Maiden Karly Week 2

WOW! We have been busy this week. Here is Karly's week.

We are still working through the Future Christian Homemakers book. I completely forgot to take pictures of Karly making Blueberry muffins this week. She made them twice. They were wonderful. Click on the book above for more information.
This week we worked on chapter 2 of Raising Maidens of Virtue. It was all about purity and being a Maiden. We had a great discussion. Click on the picture above for information about the book.
Karly was instructed to draw a "Maiden Scene". This was a scene of a lovely young lady in a peaceful setting.

Here is my young maiden's picture.


We discussed the differences between being tough and strong. Maiden's should be strong. There is grace and wisdom in strength. They can be called on to stand up for their beliefs and be strong in the Lord. They can be strong in a crisis when their family needs them. When we hear the word tough though we think of a young lady trying to prove something. Dressing like men, acting like men... tough was not a pretty picture. :)
Karly and I discussed what it means to be pure and how she can be pure. One of the main things was keeping our focus on Christ. Here is her purity statement.



We discussed what would a maiden look like. What traits and virtues would she have. Here is her list.


These are the verses Karly is going to focus on this week.
We did not work on her sewing, though I have finally gotten past the part I was stuck on, so we will resume that soon. I think I will keep our sewing adventures for a separate post. LOL
I know today is officially Wednesday. I had some errands to do today that threw off the week so I am planning to do our Home Ec day tomorrow.
Be Blessed!


2 comments:

  1. that's great . . . looks like ya'll are having fun while learning good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun. I like it because I know at least one day a week I'm fun mom! LOL

    ReplyDelete