Sunday, June 29, 2008

How do you say thank you?

I am blessed to have a lot of great friends. I am even more blessed to have four different ladies that I know are my dearest friends. I have three here, that I picked up at different times in my life and one in North Carolina. Today I want to talk about my friend Michelle.
Here is a picture of us together..... OK it's not really us, but it could be. :) I don't have any pictures of us together uploaded. I have a few from high school. Especially prom night, remember, Michelle?
I have known Michelle since about 7th grade so that would be... about 1991. I did not get to know her until our Senior year. Up until then we were in different groups. I was friends with some of the people in her group she was friends with some of the people in my group so we knew each other slightly.
Our senior year was the BEST! To tell you about it I have to tell you a little about my past. I had lots of different friends in high school, but the group I was with the most were the... well, easy girls...for lack of a better word. I WAS NOT! I was a good little church girl scared to do much more than hold hands with a boy. But these were my friends. By my Senior year I was pretty tired of the boyfriend swapping and the drama that accompanied it. I'd met another girl the year before who was a good Christian girl, Jessica, and we started hanging out more.
I really think one of the reasons Michelle and I became friends is because we had a crush on the same guy! Michelle and Jessica had also become friends at the time. There is a whole story behind the guy, but that's for another post. :)
So the last few months of our Senior year we spent a lot of time together. That summer was awesome. I loved the group I was hanging out with. There was no boyfriend swapping, no TMI, no drama. It was wonderful.
Eventually one of our friends got married, then another, then me, then Michelle. The other two couples moved away but Michelle and her DH and me and my DH became "couple friends". How fun was that! Trying to get together every week and have dinner or do something fun. Once DH and I hijacked their trip to Tampa and went along to see one of the above mentioned couples. It was fun.
Then the babies started coming. I was there in the delivery room four years ago to witness the birth of her first baby. Two months later my 13m old was delivered to my door! We were mommies together. Going through all that mommy stuff. She went back to work while her husband stayed home to finish school, but we still tried to get together as much as possible.

Things got busy and we did not see each other as much. Though we never lost contact. In January of 2006 my baby was born in a hospital to another woman. But he was already mine. A week later her baby was born. At her house. Did I mention I love the fact that she tries things for me? LOL Our boys are all great friends. It's a good thing she has boys because most of my friends have girls. :) She stayed home and Dh finished school. Now we were stay at home mommies together with zoo passes! Yes, we go to the zoo together. She homeschools and I homeschool so we are always passing information back and forth.
She thinks I am super woman! I love her for that. She knows all my flaws and still loves me. I think she is the greatest mom ever! Her little boy calls my kids "his friends" and gets so excited when he gets to see "his friends"!! My little boy calls her little boy, Keif! He says it like this, "Keif! Keif! Keif!" Not just once but three times!
She always makes me laugh. She always has an idea for me. She says great things about me. She wins things for me. How do you thank someone like that? How do you tell them how much they mean to you? She is so patient and kind. Never getting mad at me for ignoring her. She knows, accepts, and understands that busy households can get the best of you. I love having friends you don't have to explain that to.
Well, I will do my best with this blog post. I love you girl!! :)


Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. You are too good to me. I will always love you! I wish I knew how to put a big, fat, blushing emoticon on here. Now we need to see the rest of the series about your other great friends. I do have to say that while I am truly flattered by your heaping praise, you have left out many faults. Like the jealousy I have so much, how much I envy you and your children, or how I am too afraid to make new friends because I know they would never come close to the true friendship I have in you.

    I love you more than words.
    Thank you,
    Michelle

    PS - all I have to say about prom night is..oh how different life would be if Ricky would have just done as he was told and sit in the back seat. ;)

    ReplyDelete