Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Why we homeschool..

Eileen left a very important comment on my blog in regards to the #5 homeschooling quote. She was saved at a young age while talking with a classmate at school. I spent some time today browsing her blog and it is beautiful and uplifting. Im thankful she is part of the family.
Many people in blogland say that Christian rock is of the devil. They despise it. I have a friend who was saved at a Whiteheart concert years ago. She still loves the Lord today. Others (or some of the same people) have serious problems with the NIV. While I am an admitted KJVer my husband was saved after reading an NIV. It sits on my bookshelf with his name and the day he was saved. Just recently we added the name and date of my oldest daughter. I look forward to continuing this tradition with my other children.
I say all that to say this, God works where we let Him. Can a child lead another child to the Lord in a public school? YES! Can my child lead another child to Christ in a McDonalds play place? At the library? At the playground? In my front yard? YES! She can tell others about Jesus under the protection of her father and I. Its a beautiful thing. While she witnesses to a friend I can be nearby praying. I can be watching. I dont have to worry that while she is sharing her faith, someone else is on the way to share some humanist balderdash with her.
Our children are conditioned to believe and trust their teachers. My kids still argue with me almost a year later when I do something differently than their teachers. I know there are a handful of good teachers out there, but there are probably twice as many teachers who are teaching the humanistic values that the world treasures today. Im in the process right now of researching this more and will be doing a blog post on it soon.
My children dont have to be subjected to this at such a young impressionable age to be a witness to the others around them. As a matter of fact I believe because we are homeschooling they will have more opportunities because there will not be someone standing over their shoulder to squash any attempt to share that the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.
We dont send soldiers into war without equipping them with the skills needed to take down the enemy, why would I send my children into the world before they are trained and well grounded in Gods word?

No comments:

Post a Comment