Friday, February 23, 2007

What Im reading


Right now I am making my way through this book. It has some good information. For instance the section of preserving food was so helpful as the author used charts to talk about the best ways to preserve different kinds of fruits and vegetables. There is also a chapter called The Green Pantry. This had a ton of useful information. It talked about different grains and flours and spices. This book is a staple of the Mothers and Others for a Livable Planet and while I was not on board with all of their ideas, most of them I could use for my family.
That being said I would like to say, I see no reason for me to own this book. I checked it out from the library and its taking me a long time to get through it. Usually I lap books up, but this one has been, well, kind of boring. I am definatly taking some things away from this book, but not enough to trudge through it again. It would definatly be worth it to pick up at the library and browse through. Who knows you might like it. :)

1 comment:

  1. So what are the books you have been lapping up recently?

    MM

    ReplyDelete