Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Monday's Mission: The Schoolroom

This was what I had planned for Monday.

Monday- My girls have mid year testing. Hubby thought it would be a good idea for us just to find out where they are. I also have to run to the library to pick up some books on hold. Im excited because I got my very first InterLibrary Loan book. Its called Raising Maidens of Virtue. I have heard great things about it and look forward to reading it. I also MUST get the house rearranged and organized. Its just a few things here and there, but oh how much nicer it is to have an organized home. We bowl in the evenings, but if I have time I WILL post pictures of the new rooms tomorrow night. That will be my incentive to get it done! :)

I got all of it done except the library part, because DUH it was Presidents Day. :)
Here are the pictures from the schoolroom.



This is what you see when you look into the schoolroom from the foyer. Thats my green reading chair and the table where the girls sit.
The green reading chair and stero. Here we read after lunch. After a rest we do our Bible and Latin here also. I do morning devotions here. The basket by the chair is full of books and curriculum we are working through.
This is the school table. The milk crate type thing beside me holds Karly's work. It has all of her school books and folders with each days work in it. I have one for Karly on the other side. Thats my white chair you see. Behind it is an old kitty litter container I use for school room garbage and our Saxon math manipulatives.
Here is our school table in all its glory. The shelf behind my chair holds our pencil sharpener, crayon box we use every day, extra pencils, dry erase markers and eraser, and our pencil box for everyday use. Also this is a nice shelf to be able to put a book on while I write on the white board.

Here is the homeschool bookshelf and cabinet. Usually I have our binders on this shelf but DH and I are updating them so they are by the dining room table. The cabinet holds all of our extra homeschool books, craft supplies, and extra paper. The white tray on top of the cabinet holds extra construction paper and envelopes. I am wanting to turn the closet into a game closet, but right now its a scary closet so you cant look in. LOL


Well there is the school room, still in developing stages because as I have learned the life and home of a homeschooler is always changing!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment