Friday, February 2, 2007

One more....

Ok I just wanted to post one more thing. Tonight we took a family trip to our local health food grocery store and to Walmart. I picked up a lot of things at both places. At the health food store I got:
A big bottle of apple cider vinegar
3# bag of organic pink lady apples
Carob powder 16oz
3 cans of organic chunky tomato sauce
3 cans of organic diced tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
raw local honey

We spent a lot of money here, but 3 of those things will last me for quiet awhile.

Then we went to Walmart. I noticed Walmart is starting to sell alot of the products I could find at the health food store. I mean there are still some things I would have to get at the health food store. But Im impressed that Walmart is at least trying. I do think if money were no object I would buy all of my food through co-op and the health food store though.
I am going to make a price book though for the health food store, the co-op, and Walmart. I really need to make my grocery money stretch while buying the best food I can.
I bought some Dannon full fat yogurt to attempt to make my own yogurt. I have been reading up on it at Welltellme.com and Im excited.
I guess I better include Publix in my price book because we get a lot of organic stuff from them also.
This has been a very busy week, but oh the things the Lord has shared with me. Im so excited. Sometimes I lay awake at night and just think about all the promises DH and I have recieved from God and all the visions he has given us. Not so much in a Old Testament way, but more things he has laid on our hearts.
For instance a more "self-sufficient" life style. Self sufficient in the sense that we can get by on our own as much as possible with growing our own food and staying healthy through natural means. When I shared with hubby this vision about a year ago and then again in October of last year I was amazed that he had the same vision. I approached him with the wacky idea of paying off our debt and saving and looking for some land we could live off of and he was amazed that it was something I wanted to do. We both still feel this calling strongly and Im learning everything I can.
Hubby is still working towards a career change. Oh Im so excited and proud of him. I wish I could shout it from the roof tops but it will still probably be a few months until I can. Just know that if you know us, your jaw will drop. Hubby compared himself to Moses the other day when he said this is the last thing I thought I could do, but God says, "let ME work through you!" How exciting is that!?!
He is working out every night. Either jogging or upper body excercises in the garage. Of course this motivates me to stay on course with my weight loss. I cant be fat and frumpy with a hot muscled man...can I? ;)
We have grown so much closer during this time. My patience and my controlling ways have been tested to the max, but it has been worth it to hear hubby praise me to his friends. He looks at me with so much love in his eyes, and believe me those puppy dog brown eyes have always overflowed with love for me so to see even more is overwhelming sometimes.
Well I really need to get to bed!
Oh one more thing. God led me to start re-reading Created to Be His Helpmeet in October. Im convinced that this reading coincided with hubby's career change plans just for this reason. Reading it and the Bible every morning has really shown me how to bless Roy during this time.
Im married to the greatest guy in the world...and you better believe I know it...and I make sure he knows that I know it!
Ok Im done babbling. Sorry got on a kick.

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! We have so much in common! Family trips to the HFS and then Walmart included. I need to read created to be his help meet again (and again)
    Oh! and thanks to you, I am hooked on coconut oil!

    Have a blessed day!

    :)

    Staci

    ReplyDelete