Monday, February 12, 2007

They Said It! #5

I love this one. It is one of my personal favorites and why I believe that all Christians should homeschool. Yes, I said all and I do not apologize for that. I even argue with my sweet mother about this topic. :) Argue meaning... discuss passionatly. LOL

"In spite of God's urgent plea to protect and nurture the mind in accordance to His ways, millions of Christians separate the heart from the mind of their children by sending them to public schools. The reason many Christians allow this to happen is because they have a dualistic view of humans that goes back to ancient Greece and has lasted to this very day. Plato believed that man had a spiritual and material dimension and the two should not be combined. That is why Christians even to this day, have departmentalized their Christianity. For example, the concept of 'going to worship' is based on Christianity being something we do rather than what we are. Surely we would not send our children to a state church on Sunday, where the god of humanism is served. Yet we do allow our children to go to the place of humanistic worship five days a week."



Kevin J. Pierce,
Worldview Ministries

4 comments:

  1. I completely and whole-heartedly agree. I have alot of quotes from JPII that go along with this line of thinking about the parents being the primary educators in ALL ways for their children. They give me strength and hope in my calling.

    When looking at this: "Plato believed that man had a spiritual and material dimension and the two should not be combined. That is why Christians even to this day, have departmentalized their Christianity.", it makes you also wonder why so many Christians don't see how God wants us to use both our spirits and bodies in worship as well.

    I hope this makes sense. I am extremely tired but the little bubby was sick tonight and I have a terrible time getting any rest when I feel he may need me but he hasn't made a peep since I put him down so I think I can go to bed soon.

    MM

    PS - Have any of your kids vomited through their nose? It's GROSS! My poor little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever someone (inevitably) asks me what I think about Christians sending their children to public schools - well, I always *want* to be able to say, "oh, to each his own" - I guess just to be PC.

    But really, I don't understand how they can. Honestly. I'm not going to sit around judging them, but I really just don't understand how they rationalize it.

    Thanks for the "They Said It!" series~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen @ http://halfwayhome.wordpress.com - I received the good news of Christ in the 4th grade at a "public school". Thank God all the christian kids weren't at home. Children will need peers to hear this from. I respect your passions. Thank God is all I can still say that one Elizabeth Campbell told be about my Savior and told many throughout middle and high school. And many....even faculty....got saved.

    ReplyDelete