Thursday, June 28, 2007

Inspiring Blogs


Today I would like to take a few minutes and just share with you all some blogs that inspire me to be a more feminine and gracious woman. They also inspire me to be a better housekeeper. To get creative and busy around the home.
To these bloggers I say thank you.
This is not a complete list. There are so many. I set a timer everyday and read through a few. The next day I read through a few more. When I'm done for the day, I feel so refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of my chores or projects.
Ahem, sometimes I do sneak back on at night when the house is quiet and hubby is busy with something else.
For your inspiration and enjoyment here is the first list.
A Gracious Home. Mrs. Sallie is absolutely precious. She is an older first time mom and her wisdom amazes me. I love browsing her blog as it is so pretty and full of great advice.
Trivium Academy. Mrs. Jessica is a 2nd year homeschooling mom who has great ideas. I have stepped away from her blog many times ready to implement new ideas with my children. Her sidebar alone is a wealth of knowledge that I love to explore.
The Sparrow's Nest. Mrs. Wilt is a gentle wife and mother. Her home is beautiful. Her homemaking ideas wonderful. This is definitely a timer blog as I could just get lost in the reading and ideas. Mrs. Wilt herself is just as lovely and feminine as she is sweet. She is definitely on my list of ladies I would like to be like someday.
Rabbit Trails. Mrs. "Bunny" is a homeschooling, preacher's wife. Most of her children are older, a few have even left the bunny home. In a few days I will list her daughter's blog because I am blown away by it, but today belongs to this wonderful, godly woman. She never fails to elicit a chuckle from me, with her thoughts or pictures. She has great advice for raising boys and girls, as she has done and is doing both. In reading her posts I think that she would be a wonderful friend. I love her sense of humor. Her children certainly seem like they enjoy her and she them. I want to be a mom like her someday.
Charming the Birds From the Trees. Mrs. Emma is a true example of femininity. I cant say enough about how inspired I am through this blog. Right now she has a finishing school in progress. She has so much wisdom. Her posts are always gentle and informative. I always seem to sit up straighter and smile more after reading one of her posts.
Well, there is it ladies. The first five inspiring blogs. I'm telling you I have a folder full of them and I seem to always find one more to add.
Set the timer and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great blog suggestions. I was sad to see that "A Gracious Home" would no longer be blogging as I really enjoyed browsing hers. I can totally understand where she is coming from though. I look forward to your other suggestions. Hope you had a great Lord's Day and stayed dry and safe.

    Love ya,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a blog I just found and it is terrific. I love her posts on simplicity. http://smalltreasuresinorangecounty.blogspot.com/

    Have a good night.
    MM

    ReplyDelete