Thursday, June 7, 2007

Real Boys


We will so be purchasing this book for our boys. I love watching little boys play. They are so rough and fun. I think we are neglectful in teaching them that little girls are not boys and they should be treated differently. Of course I think we are neglectful in teaching our little girls to act like ladies and not little boys. I finally told my girls I dont want them to play fighting games. Number one my oldest looses control of herself and starts acting wild, number two its just not lady like.
My dilema is that most of the time we play with other girls. I have one friend who has two boys and one on the way and we try to get together with her as often as possible. Adrian needs the opportunity to be a boy. He needs the rough and tumble world of boys. I had one friend for awhile who would panic if the kids climbed on something or played tug of war to close to the sidewalk. Of course she has girls. With Adrian its completly different. I expect him to get hurt. I expect bumps and bruises, scraped knees and heaven help me, one day a broken limb. I dont want that for him, but I expect it.
Yes, Im going to get this book. Yes, my husband will have a blast playing with the boys and doing all the neat stuff in here.
I want my boys to grow up to be strong, godly men. Just like Jesus.
Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen this new book for girls?

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Big-Glorious-Book-Girls/dp/0670917109

    Here is the synopsis:
    Home-made scones, pom-poms, daisy chains..."The Great Big Glorious Book for Girls" will take women back to a time when we made cup cakes with our grandmothers, when girls weren't obsessed with all things pink, when they didn't wear 'hot to trot' t-shirts aged eight and when a bit of sticky-backed plastic and a tissue box could be the answer to your dreams. Perfect for mothers, grandmothers, aunts and godmothers (as well as daughters, granddaughters, nieces and goddaughters, of course), this is a book for all women who secretly, or not so secretly, loved playing French elastics, dream of making elderflower cordial and need reminding of how to play cat's cradle.

    Much love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete