Friday, June 1, 2007

K - 12 School Memories Meme

Mrs. Sallie at A Gracious Home came up with this little meme. I decided to go ahead and participate in honor of my 10 year highschool reunion coming up in June. I was just going through some pictures the other day to send to the reunion committee. I loved highschool. I had so much fun!!



Apple Jacks or Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries? I went through a period in highschool where all I would eat for breakfast was Apple Zaps (generic Apple Jacks)

Band or Choir? I took chorus in 8th grade and then tried to be in the extracurricular chorus in highschool my freshman year. The teacher scared me so I dropped it.

Class Ring? Yes, it has my birthstone which is Topaz. It was white gold. I know it had a Bible and Cross on one side, but thats all I remember about it. I have it packed and put up somewhere now.

Ducks or Battleships? I dont remember.

Earning Money? I babysat some in highschool. My senior year I got a job as a receptionist at H&R Block for tax season.

Favorite Teacher? In elementary school it was probably Mrs. Wilcox, my 5th and 6th grade teacher. I went to a private school where 6th grade was still considered elementary school. I dont remember who my favorite teacher in middle school was. The two teachers I remember were my English teacher Mrs. Burton who was very very old and had a touch of dementia. She cracked me up, and my Algebra 1 teacher Mrs. Kirk. She was the wife of a minister and she would get so mad sometimes at certain people she would curse. Then she would spend all night calling all of her students and apologizing. She was a hoot. In highschool I had two favorite teachers and they were both my English teachers. Mrs. Bagby was my 10th and 12th grade AP English teacher. She was so funny and she really cared about all of her students. She made learning fun. Then my 9th grade English teacher Mr. Shreve. Oh my this man was a trip!! He was very sarcastic and had no problem calling you down. I learned a lot in his class.

Go Back and Do Over? I would care about my grades more. I was an "always just get by" student and I wish that I had actually done the homework and studied. Also I would have picked my friends a little better. It was not until my senior year of highschool that I found my perfect group of friends. We spent all year together and had a blast, while not being too wild and still doing school work. The group I had before was more worried about boys then school. They were also wild and had a reputation around school that I did not know about until I had seperated myself from them. I was also hanging on the fringe of a group of girls that went on to become teachers. They were great. I could have incorporated into that group a lot sooner and saved myself some heartache. I would also have tried to be friends with more people. I have learned that I enjoy getting to know others, but in HS I was scared of other people. I had little self confidence so it was harder for me to step out of my comfort zone.

Home Economics? I went to a college prep school, we did not believe in learning how to keep house. :(

Indoor Recess? Any day of the week. I hated going outside.

Jacks or Jump Rope? Jump rope. I can still jump a pretty mean rope.

Kickball or Dodgeball? Kickball. I could always be counted on to actually kick the ball.

Lunchbox? I think I bought my lunch most of the time.

Musical? I was never in one, but our school had an awesome drama program so I got to see some great ones. I did help build sets for A Night of One Acts at our school one year. I was in 10th grade.

Number of School Districts? 3 I think. From K-2nd grade I went to a school by my granny across town. From 3-6th grade I went to a private school near my house. From 7-8th grade I went to college prep middle school in a SCARY part of town. In Highschool I went to a college prep highschool close to the middle school and still pretty scary. LOL

Orange or Apple? Orange. I love the juciness.

Playground Equipment? Swings

Quiz Team or Debate? NEITHER! First of all did I mention I went to a college prep school?
Everyone there was a million times smarter than me!! Also, I was very, very shy in highschool (until you got to know me). I cried when I found out that I could not use creative writing as my art class and had to take a drama or speech class. I could have taken an art class, but I could never draw and knew that would be just as embarassing as either of the other classes. So I took drama my Senior year and actually enjoyed it, thanks to the wonderful teacher.

Recess? No, thank you. I had very low self esteem and thought recess was made for torture.

Spring Break? My family and I spent many spring breaks in Alabama visiting relatives or in Orlando visiting the Mouse.

Team Sports? I tried out for softball in 7th grade. I made the team, but was too embarassed to actually be on the team. Im telling you I was pathetic! LOL

Unfulfilled Dream? Im good. Im married and have a housefull of young'uns.

Valuable? Probably learning what it was like to not assert myself. Shying away from people because I was afraid of them. Pushing people away because once you became my friend or showed an interest in me I was a bit clingy. Learning what true friendship means.

Walk or Bus? Walked in elementary school, rode the bus in middle school (which terrified me so much I promised my kids would never do it, and they did not), bus the first part of highschool, then I convinced my mom to take me, then I got my drivers license and drove.

X Country or Basketball? Neither. See the above softball story.

Year? 8th and 12th grades. This was when I had the best friends and experiences.

Zzzzzz’s? Gym. Honestly I would pick male teachers for gym so I could sit out of a lot of stuff. There was plenty that the male teacher did not want to talk about and I knew just what to say to sit out. Also Probability and Statistics my senior year. I did not need it to graduate and it was just plain boring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment