Tuesday, June 26, 2007

An open letter...


I cant stop thinking about high school. Maybe its because my 10 year reunion is right around the corner. I don't know. Anyways, this is my first post about "relationships" I had in HS. Its interesting in that what you are about to read is a little different then what you normally read. But once again this is my journal and I like to look back and see where I was and where I have been. This also helps me to see how blessed I am to be where God has put me and with the man God has given me.
And its really funny. Well to me and to at least a few people who will read this, because they were actually there for most of it. This post will be almost like an inside joke to them. I will expound more later.

Dear people who will be named throughout this letter,

My dear confused best friend in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade Amanda, a chocolate key for Paul, really? Why did you let me do this? Why did you encourage me to call someone and sneak his freshman schedule so I could get, all. the. same. classes? Why did you let me keep those "love" songs in the locker, he asked me to share with him, in hopes he would find them and fall madly in love with me?? Really?

My 10th grade Creative Writing 1 teacher, who I cant even remember your name. A book of poems to be given to the guy I was madly in love with, who might have had a small crush on me, on Valentines day. Seriously? I mean really deep love poems. You wrote on the front page of this assignment, "Good luck". Were you secretly laughing at me?? Did you know this would end with him hightailing it the other way with another girl the very next day? Come on. You were the teacher. You could have stopped me.

Jessica, Jason, Jennifer... anyone who read the acrostic poem I submitted for the poetry book we published in Creative Writing 2. WHY????? WHY???? Did you believe Chuck would not notice his full name written in acrostic declaring my undying love. Seriously? WHAT? Did you all hate me? Not love me? What? "NO he wont notice," you assured me repeatedly. Did you lie to me?

Last but not least. Senior year. You know who. Come on. You could not tell me to back off a bit? Although I will tell all of you doubters at one time you know who and I had a discussion about what would happen after his first year in college when he transferred home, which of course never happened. I was told by you know who that we could not be in a relationship until he came back. I still think at one point he liked me. He and I talked a lot about things that others don't know about.


Love,
Psycho girl.

P.S. I still love everyone who let me blindly walk into my acts of insanity. Except maybe that teacher. I mean she was a teacher for crying out loud.

Apparently, fortunately for my husband who is now the absolute love of my life, I l-o-v-e passionately and blindly. I act on these emotions without thinking a lot. I have toned it down a bit, but not for my man. He never knows what I might have up my sleeve. I have noticed this passion lacking in the past year and I'm going to revive it. I love him 100x more than I loved any of those other guys. Yes, even you know who, who I planned our wedding and all of our children with. LOL. He deserves to be treated just as manically as I treated those other guys I stalked..hmm... I mean loved. ;p.
I firmly believe who we used to be shapes who we are. I was just practicing for the love of my life. My husband.
Another night I will expound on the above relationships. It promises to be a hoot for those who were there to witness the insanity.

P.S. The above letter is humorous. Tongue in cheek. I fully expect comments from Michelle and Jessica declaring that none of this happened and I'm truly psycho. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Aaah the joy of best friends and clouded teenaged judgement inregards to love. I sooo wouldn't know anything about that! {cough, choke, sputter} hahahaha

    I say lock 'em in their room until you find their mate!! lol

    Thanks for the giggle Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you enjoyed this.
    Yes, MM I remember you "jumping over the table", I found pictures from that escapade the other day. They still make me laugh. Im glad you ended up with that other cute guy at our table. LOL.
    Mrs. Janel, I have considered doing just that many times. I really want my daughters to miss at least a little of the fun and excitment that was my life back then. HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad to hear that I am not the only one who did such things in school.
    I told my mom the other day "I wish I would have stayed home and learned to sew, instead of chasing boys"

    :) Really.

    ReplyDelete