Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dancing and other goodies...

Well today two of my little girls started dance. Our pastor's wife teaches dance and she was so excited to start the girls. We met at a church across town and had a wonderful time. There were three other girls from our church there. My two girls were in the younger class. My older daughter will be in the older girls class if she decides that dancing is important enough to her to finish her schoolwork. The younger girls are about 5-7. They learned some basic technique but a lot of their dance will be movement oriented. Its all praise and worship dance which just thrills my heart. Watching the older girls learn a beautiful dance to Shout to the Lord today was AWESOME! Mrs. Connie teaches at a Christian school during the school year and she already has plans to include the older girls from our church in her dance team from school next year. My favorite part is the costumes. She told me today she wants me to help pick them out. She mentioned the costume she wore the first time I saw her dance and I said, "Oh thats my favorite!!" The first time I saw her dance she did a worship dance at her old church. She wore a black long sleeved leotard, black footless leggings and a LONG flowing black skirt. Thats when I knew I would beg her to teach my girls dance. That was one of the main things I was bothered by when I was looking for a dance program for my girls. The skimpy outfits. These are so modest and yet beautiful. Im hoping those are the ones we go for. Im so excited to go to the store this week and pick up the pink and black leotards for practice. I cant wait until next week. :)
Karly completed a Kids Sewing 1 class on Monday. Its part of a summer camp at Joanne's. She made the prettiest pillow case. When I get a chance I will take a picture of it and the throw pillow she made back in April and post them. She will get to take the Sewing 2 class even though its on a Monday and Wednesday. I was worried she would not because of dance, but the church we do dance at is minutes away from Joanne's and the sewing class ends at 12 and her dance class starts at 12, so at about 11:45 I will pick her up from sewing and take her to dance. She will be sewing pajama pants. Im so happy Joanne's has these classes. I cant teach her to sew yet, but I know its a skill I want all the girls to have. I promised the other two sewing machines and classes for their tenth birthdays and they tell everyone that now.
Ok well thats enough babbling for now.

Be Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had gotten to take dance as a child. They will always remember it and it will help teach them patience and to be graceful :)

    Take care,
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete