Sunday, July 1, 2007

My Health


So here is something I have been debating about sharing. I have decided I will though, just so I can encourage other young women going through this.
In the coming months I will be visiting my doctor once a month. I have been diagnosed with Stage II diabetes as a result of PCOS. Well I guess I should start with my doctor diagnosed me with Stage II diabetes and THEN decided to run some more tests for PCOS.
Tomorrow I go for an ultrasound to check my adrenal glands.
Tuesday I go get lab work done for LH, Testosterone, and FSH levels.
I have to check my blood sugar everyday, which my kids think is neat. LOL
I have not shared a lot of details with people, well, mainly because I am ok with this. Im not sad or freaked out. I dont really want others to be either. I knew that I likely had PCOS. I knew that even though I ate right my blood sugar was messed up. The best part about this is with treatment I will be able to loose weight better. You see Im not an unhealthy eater. When I loose weight it stays off, but loosing weight for me is hard to do. In a year and a half I have lost 25 pounds and kept it off. My doctor assured me that there was nothing I could have done to loose it faster. When I went over my diet with her she was well pleased. She thinks I will see a huge improvement in the coming months.
Also having the diagnosis of PCOS will open some doors toward fertility that I have not been able to open.
Im very comfortable with this new lifestyle. Especially since God has been moving me toward it with diet and excercise for the whole year anyway.
Anyways, I plan to keep posting on things I learn and am going through. Unfortunatly due to diet, enviroment, and too many extra hormones going into everything we eat and drink there are a LOT of young women out there suffering the same as me. I hope to get some new information out to you all.
Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am glad you can get the help you need.

    Love ya,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about this.
    Someone I love has horrible health due to PCOS.
    I know it's not any fun at all.

    ((hugs))

    Thank you for stopping by.

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete