Saturday, July 7, 2007

New Plans


I remember when I started homeschooling how I always read that you never stop changing your home school. LOL. Could someone have told me that I would learn new things to implement ALL THE. TIME. Really? I don't have time for all of this.
Our history and science is not working out. The kids are staring blankly at me - A lot. So we have to revamp.
Right now we are using Story of the World: Volume 1 Ancient Times and Mystery of History: Creation to the Resurrection. Here is my thought process as of right now (subject to change at a moments notice)
I am looking into getting the audio CDs for SOTW and listening to them throughout the day and in the car.
We will use Biblioplan Ancient History for the bulk of our History.
For a more hands on approach we will use the SOTW activity guide along with History Pockets and some other hands on books I found.
It sounds like a lot for History and I might find its too much, but this is what I want to do right now.
For Science we have been using Christian Kids Explore Biology. The kids don't like it. We will be purchasing Biology 101: Biology According to The Days of Creation DVD set. This is actually a high school series, but I have read some good reviews for it saying the whole family could enjoy it. I'm also going to use Science Through Children's Literature and Living Learning Books.

I'm pretty excited about these discoveries. If they don't work out I will sell them next year and try again.
I have some other changes as well and I will be more than happy to share them as I get them all worked out. I think this is my favorite part about homeschooling. I get to decide what my kids learn.

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment