Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ponder with me...

If Barak Obama wins... GOD is GOD!

If John McCain wins.... GOD is GOD!

If Chuck Baldwin wins.. GOD is GOD!

If Alan Keyes wins........ GOD is GOD!



It's ok to tell me why your candidate is the best. It's not ok to tell me that if I choose to vote third party I'm voting for Obama. Nope. If I choose to vote for Chuck Baldwin, I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin. If I choose to vote for John McCain, I'm voting for John McCain. To tell me I am throwing away my vote on someone is a slap in the face to every soldier who has ever died to give me the freedom to vote for who I think the best man for the job is.
If I vote for McCain even though I don't think he is the best man for the job just so Obama does not win, is that a vote of fear? What if I think God wants me to stand on my convictions and vote for someone other than McCain? Does that make me voting for Chuck Baldwin or someone else wrong? How do you know that Senator McCain is God's man for President? How do we know God even has a man for President? Is He not God? Can He not use whoever is in office? What if Senator Obama gets elected and then becomes convicted and changes his stance on issues? Could that not happen? What if Chuck Baldwin gets elected and it leads this nation to a revival? Could God not orchestrate that?
All I'm saying is that my GOD is so much bigger than this election. My God will be in control no matter who wins. I know this, Senator Obama as President Obama can't take away my salvation or love for Jesus. Same for Senator McCain. And Chuck Baldwin. And Alan Keyes. And fill in the blank. What's the worse that any of these men can do as President? Maybe they attack my rights as a parent. Is God still not going to be the God of my children? He created these kids. He loves them so much more than I ever could. Nothing that Obama, McCain, or anyone else can ever change that.

Just something I am pondering.....

Be Blessed!

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you. In the primaries I voted for someone I knew wouldn't win. But it was the person I felt led to vote for. You should always stand up for what you believe in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Article!
    Stumbling and Tweeting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I followed you over from Twitter....I think a link from Jacque. I needed to hear this tonight. Thanks! God is God...no matter what. I know that, but letting the truth of it grip me has been difficult these last weeks. Thanks again for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful article!I couldn't agree with you more! Pray for guidance, listen for the answer, and vote for who you feel led to vote. We should not vote out of fear or race, or because someone said we should or we are not being true to God! GOD is completely in control, thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!! I coudn't agree more and you couldn't have said it better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post!
    I just came across your blog and enjoyed browsing! Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree.

    Although neither of us will be voting for Obama, Rich has speculated that the probable persecution of the Christians under an Obama presidency might actually bring about repentance much sooner. a.k.a. It might be worse than we could imagine, but better than we think (for the big picture.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent thoughts! We must always vote for conscience, and not out of fear. Thank you for your post on Misha, we have all been so blessed to see the sweet response of our brothers and sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies, thanks for the kind words. I had to write it all out because I felt the words were suffocating me. LOL

    Janel, I almost typed those thoughts but then wondered if that would be too extreme. I agree though. I don't know that it would be a totally horrible thing. Churches in other countries have always grown abundantly during times of persecution.

    Christie, you are so welcome. Misha really touched my heart through that blog. I am hoping to contribute very soon!

    ReplyDelete