Friday, October 10, 2008

Parental Rights attacked...again

I just read this post over at Where the Kudzu Grows. It literally made me ill. This is ridiculous.
Seriously, I believe it's only a matter of time before vaccines become mandatory. So many people already think they are. My husband asked people at his work yesterday about vaccinating and the risks. They all looked at him dumbfounded. They did not know of risks nor did they even have a clue that you could opt out.
But really, this is not about vaccinating. It's about loosing our rights as parents one step at a time. Today it's vaccines tomorrow it's... ? Fill in the blank. California already wants to outlaw spanking. Apparently Senator Obama thinks parents who don't have health insurance for their children should be punished.
Social workers think they can just show up at your door with no proof and terrorize, oops, I mean question your children. Homeschooling is constantly under attack. Young girls can get abortions or birth control with no parental notification or consent.

Thank God that the perfect love of Christ casts out all fear, because, I think I would be very afraid.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That seems so harsh for them to bully the doctors like that. It is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is scary. And in the past my husband and I have been looking into what is going on "underground". Aka -the whole vaccine thing, outlawing homeschooling, all these freedoms we could lose. For a while, I was scared! I'll admit it. But then I found joy. That's right...joy. Because all these things helped me realize two things. 1. Our God is in control of ALL things. and 2. All of this just means His return is getting closer and closer. I think America (and those true christians in it) are in for some hard times. But, praise the Lord, we've got the creator and controller of ALL things on our side! Be blessed, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that if you homeschool then you should be allowed to choose whether or not you vaccinate your children. I do understand why its a requirement for those in public schools.

    I am on post #99 so stay tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, it should be scary, but I have to say that I have peace. I don't think it's ok to sit back and let it happen, but God is so in control of it all!

    Amanda, YES! I agree completely.

    Mrs. Laura, it's not just about vaccinating. It's about our rights as parents to choose what's best for our kids. It starts with vaccinating and goes from there.

    Marelize, yes. It is happening everywhere. We must come together and pray for one another and encourage one another! I'm so glad you stopped by! I love Above Rubies! :)

    ReplyDelete