Friday, October 17, 2008

Ode to the zip tie!


This marvel has changed my life. Oh, the stories I have about the zip tie!
Once my former boss put one around his neck and almost choked to death. I tried to cut it off but it was so tight and I was laughing so hard I ended up cutting him a couple of times. He finally cut it off himself. His face was a little blue. Hey, Tim, are you out there? I still laugh at that. Thanks for the memory, buddy! Don't worry he laughed too when we told the story to others later.
Those little white strips are holding my life together...literally.
Mr. Fix it (or Mr. Awesome) has used them to hold mirrors on our mini van, to fix the hamper when the hooks disappeared, to fix the doo hickey on the washing machine that tells the washing machine when to drain. He used one to fix my kitchen drawer. The uses he comes up with are amazing. I am so proud of him.
What little thing has saved your household on more than one occasion?
Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. We love these things!!! Hubby has a mega pack with multiple sizes that he recieved as a "gift" from a vendor at his last job. The bag was HUGE and they have saved the day many times! I'm glad we are not the only family who cherishes these little "tighty-whities".

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I have ever seen these things before. I can only say, My husband. He is a fixer of all things. I don't think I have ever come across anything that He cannot fix. It may not always look the best but, Hey, it works. I am thankful for him. Does he count? connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori's Hubby

    We also "recycle" the little mega-wire plastic-coated ties that the toy manufacturers use to maliciously imprison the dolls to the packaging. They are stronger than bread ties, and they're free. Lori laugh's at me for saving them every Christmas, then marvels at how handy they turn out to be. Since shopping more at thrift stores and less at the mega retailers, my supply is running low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get your peice of land you want they are great for putting up fence. Use them in place of wire to tie the fence to the posts. They are an awsome invention.

    ReplyDelete