Monday, August 11, 2008

Two Exciting Things in Blogland




First, Mrs. Connie at Connie's Thoughts from the Heart presented me with an award. ME??? I am so blessed. She is such a great encouragement to me. She always has the best stuff on her blog. If you have never been there please go check it out.
She presented me the Brilliant Weblog award. She looked up the word brilliant and found out that it meant: 1. very bright; 2. striking, distinguished. Not words I would have associated with my blog, but I'm glad she could. :) This is my web journal. This is where I chronicle my day to day life in hopes that someone out there can smile and say, "Hey, I'm not so different after all!" I love blogging. I don't expect many people to care about what I have to say, but I do enjoy saying it. :)
Thank you Mrs. Connie, this is a special award, mostly because someone I admire and respect so much bestowed it upon me!
Now according to the rules I have to:
1) Put the logo on your blog;
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on yours
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
Easier said than done. As I look through the blogs to the right I can find something wonderful about all of them. But... here goes... just 7.....hmm...
The first goes to my lovely friend, Lori, at Beyond the Garden. She makes me so happy when I read her blog. She definitely shines!
The second goes to, Michele, at Cherish the Home. I always, always learn something at her blog. She shines God's light through her writings.
Thirdly, I believe will go to, Rachelle, at Mama's Little Bears. She encourages me daily with her ideas for raising godly children. She is a great mama shining into her little one's lives.
The fourth award goes to, an old friend, Lori, at Michigan Momma. I have actually cyber-known Lori for awhile and sometimes I am convinced we were separated at birth. She and I have so many of the same ideas about raising children. She shines through her love of her children and her husband!
For the fifth award, I think, sweet, sweet Bren, at Pieces of Me. She has really shown me how to LOVE my children this year. I have laughed and cried over at her blog these past few months. I am so grateful for the light she shined in my life!
I would like the sixth award to go to, Amy, at Sonshine Cottage. Supermom! She is a great example to me of a homemaker. She makes me laugh. She's a great mom! She shines through her blog in her little house!
Last, but nowhere near least! Is my new friend, Shaunta, at Step Into My Chambers. What a godly young wife and mother she is. I always giggle at the babies in her sidebar floating around and crowding each other out. She is the happy mama to a beautiful little girl and expecting, not one, but TWO babies in a few months. She is glowing and shining all over the place!!

Everyone in my sidebar is worth clicking on. All of those blogs inspire me in some way! The above blogs are the ones I am particularly drawn to in this season of life. I adore all of you!
The second bit of news comes from, Amy at Sonshine Cottage mentioned above. She posted today to let us all know that Jewels is back. From Eyes of Wonder! OH how I love this blog! She is the sweetest mother! I just want to be her when I grow up. Click over there and be amazed!!
Be Blessed!!


9 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to pass along the award to me. I don't think of my blog as 'brilliant' either but I'm so happy to know that you find what I share to be a blessing. I look forward to checking out some of the new-to-me blogs you've passed the award on to. (o:

    Please know that you have been *such* and encouragement to me too Julie. If you remember I was contemplating quitting blogging when a kind, encouraging word from you made me believe it wasn't yet time.

    Blessings to you and your family. (o:

    {{{HUGS}}}
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie-
    You are to kind ! Thank you for your kind words. You have given me such encouragement over the last few months.

    You blog from your heart and I love that. You love the Lord with all your heart! and it shows in what you do with your children.

    I am glad that I am able to encourage you and other ladies.

    Thank you again for this award.
    Many Blessings Sent your way :-0)
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie-

    By the way do I need to do anything?? This blogging award is new to me. LOL Just let me know. You can email at mamaslittlebears@gmail.com
    Thanks again!
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I just got back from Bible Study where I felt like "less than" the mother I should be. I really felt alot better reading your words. I think that is about the nicest thing you could have said! Thank you. I have learned alot from you to...your creativity with your kids is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!!!!!! kitten you rock!!!! have a lil' party...every girl needs a day to shine...thank you so very much for your sweet as cupcakes comment.....blessings cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...shucks....thanks~


    AND....I kept Eyes of Wonder on my Googles Reader - suddenly she popped up as I was going through my blogs - I was *SO* excited. She is definitely an encouragement to me and she makes me DREAM of someday living a bit further out in the country (we are in suburia-ville right now). It always makes me smile and *sigh*. Love it!!

    And luv you, my sister~
    later~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie,
    This is really an honor! How kind of you to think of me. I was just stopping by your blog to see how you guys were and saw that I was nominated by you. This award gives me something to blog about and a little fuzzy feeling inside! Well, I'm going to turn back to your blog now! Thx a lot.
    It is so much fun being in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this blog too! Thank you for letting us know that Jewels is back to writing!

    Congratulations on your blogging award! : )

    ReplyDelete