Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Storm and Dance

As I type this the wind has started picking up. Even though we don't expect the storm until tomorrow I can already see glimpses as we get some of the outer bands. My warrior is leaving work in a few minutes and I am finishing up laundry and some basic cleaning I might not get to do if we do, in fact, loose power. The worst prediction I have seen has us loosing power for 9 days. I don't really see that happening, but you never know. I will be making some bread and tortillas this afternoon. We have peanut butter and tuna fish. I don't want to stock up on a lot of canned stuff because if we don't loose power we will NEVER eat it. I just can't stomach it anymore. The smell makes me gag! LOL We always have lots of water so that's not a concern here. I did make some beans and rice and put them in the freezer. It won't be yummy but it will be nourishing. If we don't use them I can always throw it into a soup where we won't mind the mushiness. I have found you can safely eat out of your freezer for a few days if the stuff is already cooked. Some might not want to do that, but we do and have never had a problem.
One great thing about living in a newer neighborhood is our power lines are buried. It takes a lot for us to loose power in a storm.
We are not panicking though.. just preparing a little.


In other news... I have come up with a great P.E. program. Feel free to steal it!
We put on the radio some Toby Mac, Kirk Franklin, Newsboys and Mary Mary and dance around for about 30m. So. Much. Fun. :)

Be Blessed my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Julie-

    will be praying for you all with the strom coming.

    Stay safe and if you don't eat the beans and rice you can send them here!!

    I love beans and rice, just can't make them very good!!! Take care my friend!

    Blessings- Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the storm isn't too rough for y'all. Would you mind passing a bit of the rain over here? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Toby Mac... his music is great for moving too! :) (And, its moving.. in a different aspect!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah my mom is there is SW Florida getting swamped by the remains of Faye. I haven't heard from her so I have no idea if she has power or not or who knows? I am sure if it were serious, my brother would have called, so I am not worried.

    I remember hurricane season in FL...ahhh...memories. :-)

    God Bless You!

    ~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle, we did not have to eat the beans and rice, but yum do they make a great taco soup! :) I cook my beans in the crockpot. I used to could never cook beans but since I started doing it this way I love them.

    MM3, sorry friend. I could not get more rain to you! ;)

    Bren, thanks. I love having you for a prayer warrior! We weathered the storm great!

    Mandymom, our new favorite song is the one he does with Kirk Franklin. Be Still and Know... I don't know the proper title. We can really jam to that one though!

    Dawn, I hope she did well. We usually never get hit up here where I am but this one decided to douse us!

    ReplyDelete