Friday, August 29, 2008

Psalms

I have been spending time the past couple of months in Psalms. I have read through this book many times, but this has been one of those times when its like the words jump off the page. I can't believe how awed I am by the words in the book of Psalms. Especially as I look at the verses through the eyes of my family life.

As I wrote about before I am going to be doing something around my house called Faith and Family walls. Since I last posted that I have been really turning my eye to the scriptures every morning praying for God to send me the ones for the walls. My cup overfloweth just from Psalms.
As I read through Psalms 119 I copied and copied until I finally made a note to just frame the whole chapter for one of the walls. *Smile*. The whole chapter just really spoke to me.
Here are just the first 24 verses. The whole chapter is like this. What a great path for our lives!

Psalms 119:1-24, "ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
GIMEL. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me. My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times. Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments. Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies. Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes. Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors."

When my kids ask me how many times I have read the whole Bible I tell them truthfully quiet a few times. Not bragging but because I want them to know that no matter how many times you read it does not get boring. It only gets better. I don't know of any other book I could read as much as I have read the Bible and still long to read it again and again!

I love sharing with my babies new insights that I have gleaned from God's word. My oldest has gotten to where she enjoys sharing with me what she has read in her Bible.

What are you reading in the Word?

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah and StephenieOctober 27, 2008 at 4:47 PM

    Hi! I just found your blog when I left a comment at teachinggoodthings.com and was intrigued by the name of your blog and the fact that you are in FL. I was born and raised in FL. I have enjoyed what I've read so far on your blog. Did you make the pictures with the scripture quotes yourself? I have recently begun trying to incorporate more scripture into our home through pictures just like that put in frames. I find that I don't have time or patience to search for appropriate pictures to go with the verses. Are yours available for download? Thanks for your time.
    Stephenie
    stephjem95(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete