Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grr!

Breaks my heart and makes my blood boil at the same time. Just for the record I knew when this vaccine came out that my girls would not be getting it. At least not as long as they live here. When they are adults it's up to them. For now their heath and well being is my responsibility.
Please join me in praying for this family and young girl.


Jenny's story

From U.S. News and World Report
Is HPV Vaccine to Blame for a Teen's Paralysis?
About a month after being vaccinated against the cervical cancer-causing HPV virus, 13-year-old Jenny Tetlock missed the lowest hurdle in gym class, the first hint of the degenerative muscle disease that, 15 months later, has left the previously healthy teenager nearly paralyzed, Deborah Kotz reports. Did the vaccine, Gardasil, cause her condition? Her father, Philip Tetlock, a psychology professor at UCBerkeley's Haas School of Business, has embarked on an odyssey to find out whether the vaccine or random coincidence is to blame. In addition to contacting top medical experts, he started a blog that reveals his anger and frustration.
Kotz discusses reports of adverse reactions to Gardasil in her On Women blog. U.S. News's Bernadine Healy previously reported on the mounting evidence that the mercury-based vaccine preservative thimerosal could trigger autism in certain susceptible kids.

5 comments:

  1. of course, of course....

    I'm so sad for the families who were somehow talked into this, who gave this to their daughters honestly hoping to "shield" them in some way from harm ~ and yet it may come out that their daughters were harmed by the very thing that was supposed to help them!

    There was simply not enough research for this vaccine. AND the mercury-based stuff - YIKES!! I just pray that this never becomes a "required" vaccine for schools.

    We give our kids vaccines on a very cautious, delayed schedule - and then not even all the recommended ones. I'm becoming more and more convinced that MOST vaccines are either harmful or pointless....

    Thanks for sharing~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying. Our family DOES NOT do any vaccines. If anyone wants more info on vaccines please email. I have aton of great books and DVD's that talk about the dangers of vaccines. Have a nice 4th of July.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for publishing this. I am glad that you are sharing. I am a non-vaccinating mom & just dread what some of these parents have or will go through...
    Melissa
    http://thornbottomfarm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie-
    I will look and see if I have that one. I will list the ones I have as well as the dvd's. We stopped after one of our children had a reaction:-( then a week later they took it off the market!!HUM I wonder why! I just love your blog. I have been reading all your older posts. Boy are we so much alike, we could be sisters!! You have encouraged me in so many ways. You have got the wheels turning over here! I wish we lived closer, would love to get together. Our children would have a blast!! This week I will have to share my laundry room with ya!!! Scarry :-) your's isn't so bad. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings- Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle, let me know if you guys ever venture down to Fl and maybe we could get our kids together. WOW! I would love to watch people count our lineup. LOL

    I would love to visit. New England. It's on my list of places that I would...well, love to visit. :)

    Melissa, I love your blog. I read through some posts. Very inspiring. We vaccinated our baby for awhile and it broke my heart the whole time. We finally said enough at his last visit. I don't know if we are stopping completely as that is up to DH, but I know we are on hold. I plan to be uber prepared with information with my next baby. :)

    ReplyDelete