Friday, May 30, 2008

Victory



Oh I want these so badly. They are, or were, right in our price range at around $50 at least until the end of today. I had dh's permission to buy them. I had visions of sitting my children down and watching them as a family. Dh and I are concerned and passionate right now about passing on our vision of multi generational faithfulness to our children right now. What a great resource.
Then came the phone call. $1800 to rebuild our transmission on our only working car.
Dh never said after the phone call that I could not go ahead and order. Even he admitted that if I were to go ahead and order it would be ok. BUT I knew that this was my submission without manipulation test. I knew he was stressing about the van. I knew it was going to put a financial strain on us. I knew I could wait and ask for the DVDs for Christmas. Who knows maybe VF will put them on sale again.
I DID IT! I said no, I will just wait. What a great feeling knowing that I was truly submissive. I'm sure later on today or tomorrow I will slip and fall again. I think though with every victory, small though it may be we gain ground. We gain insight and wisdom.
Thank you, Lord for the strength to not give into my wants and desires when I know its not the best thing for my family.

I am not bragging on myself. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I just want others to see that God is always faithful to strengthen us if we are willing to step out in faith. I struggle daily with being submissive and obedient not only to my sweet Dh but to my Lord.
Hang in there, my sisters! God sees your struggles. He hears your cries! He will strengthen you!

Be Blessed!

8 comments:

  1. Before you have your transmission rebuilt, try Sea Foam, Trans Tune. We received the same diagnosis with our Plymouth Minivan when it wasn't an option. It turned out the transmission was just fine, just a sticky cylinoid (I think I have the right part). It only costs about $6 at Auto Zone, O'Reiley's, or some other store. Worth a try, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - in being submissive and obedient one time, God blessed me with a new sewing machine. He likes it when our hearts are in the right place. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's discouraging. Hopefully you can get them some other time. I have a great vision of God building our family strong in His faith through the generations. I've really been reading a lot about it in The Word lately, and being encouraged while raising my little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I will pray it is what Lori said!
    You will be rewarded for your obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, thanks for the advice. We had already had the work done. I'm pretty sure it was the right thing. My brother is a mechanic and he said that he would have had it rebuilt also. We plan to baby it for the next year as we save and pray for a new vehicle.
    Thanks for all of your thoughts guys. They mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HIya! :)
    Your so funny....that comment you left on my blog :) :)

    Re: this post... awesome! I know what you mean, it DOES feel good when we are submissive and say no even if we want somethin sooooo badly. Its not easy to practice submission so good for you! :)

    hugs,
    candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I forgot to say, good for you on being submissive, that's not an easy thing to do. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie,

    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog today. It was also very timely blessing for me as I was just thinking that my blog has become a bit stale and was wondering if ladies were still being blessed by it. Then not 5 minutes after having that thought I get online to moderate comments and your encouraging comment was awaiting me. Thank you.

    Many Blessings,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete