Thursday, May 15, 2008

Submission without manipulation

Last year I asked my DH if I could pre order some tickets to a conference I was sure everyone would want to attend. I ordered 25 tickets and barely got them sold. He said, "Lets not do that again..." I whole heartedly agreed, still wiping the sweat from my brow.
Fast forward to this year. Same conference, but here in town. NO excuse for 25 people to not sign up. Dh reluctantly agreed to let me pre order tickets again.

Tomorrow is the conference and I have 11 tickets that I can't much give away.

Dh said I could pre order the tickets, but I knew he did not really want me to. I begged, I promised...I did not deliver.
God, made a way that we will not be hit hard with the extra expense of these tickets, but the money could have been used towards improvements on the home.

I strive to be submissive. I need to learn to not be manipulative.

Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how right you are. I have leaned that way as well and my DH always 'allows me'. But I always see the Lord's hand in it telling me, see, you should have listened to him. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder! This is something i struggle with from time to time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Submission to our beloved grooms is a life long learning process, just like it is for our men to learn how to be providers and leaders of the family.
    Don't beat yourself up. We are all learning and growing.

    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete