Friday, May 9, 2008

My own cooking...

Because I had so much leftover roasted chicken I made up some recipes for using it.
Last night we had BBQ chicken sandwiches and cheese fries.


For the BBQ chicken sandwiches I put some olive oil in a skillet and heated it up. I then sauteed onions, garlic and shredded carrots. When they were tender I added leftover cooked chopped chicken. I poured honey BBQ sauce and Sticky Fingers Sweet Carolina BBQ sauce over it all and continued to heat it up.
Meanwhile, DH used seasoning salt and seasoned the french fries. He cooked them in the oven until done. He then transferred them to a big bowl covering each layer with shredded cheddar.
When the fries came out of the oven I buttered the rolls and placed them face down on a pan. I cooked them at about 350 degrees for 4 minutes. Perfectly toasted.
To assemble the sandwiches we placed a few spoon fulls of BBQ chicken mixture on the roll and topped with shredded cheddar.

The kids enjoyed this meal. I enjoyed showing them that you don't always need a recipe to work with. :)

Be Blessed

Check out more frugal tips at Frugal Fridays at Mrs. Crystal's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment