Friday, May 2, 2008

Yeah Right...


Or what to buy for a 6 year old girl!

As a follow up to this post you should know I took a full wet basket of clothing on our trip with us. I dried them at the hotel that night. Amen.

It was not until the next morning I discovered my 6 year old had oh about 1 outfit in the suitcase. So as we do on every vacation we took a trip to the store for more clothes. Its a tradition now really.

Here I would like to share some of the clothes I got to choose from.




This lovely outfit is a size 4-6x or a woman's size 18-22. Now come on. My 6 year old does not need an outfit that can be bought in the women's department. While I don't have a problem with the babydoll and leggings look for little girls so much, I do think it looks a little grown up.
A top I am sure I have seen some of the ladies at church wear. Once again not so much a problem with the style as the fact that you can buy it in size 4-22.
This top seems to draw a lot of attention to the upper area of my 6 year olds body. Another top you can buy from size 4-22


Yes, dear she does look like a hoochie mama, but all the little girls are wearing them.....

Size 4-6x.
Could these be a little shorter? Size 4-6x.

Ahem... size 4-6x. Please don't bend over.
Don't you love these? I thought they were ok until I picked them up. They would have been skin tight on my baby. No thanks.



They don't have a picture of what I ended up buying her. A cute little jean skirt with butterfly leggings. The skirt was too short but the leggings helped. A pair of green capris that were not tight at all. I also got her a blue polka dot shirt, an orange polka dot shirt, a blue shirt, and an orange shirt. Not a lot to choose from. :)



We had a good time and I have lots of fun stories to tell.

I will be back.


Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Thats terrible. I feel the same way about clothes for young girls. I am going to be learning to sew very soon and plan on making a lot of her clothes for her.

    ReplyDelete