Friday, May 30, 2008

Gardens...

.... just not mine. :)

Alas, my camera and computer are not cooperating with one another. I was going to go to Walmart and just make a disk but DH asked me to let him tinker with it awhile longer. Longer being the key word!! LOL
SO! I just decided to show you other people's gardens. Gardens I can only dream about because I am a long way from the gardener who designed these gardens. Right now I'm just praying that I can get a few vegetables to prove to myself I can do it. I planted zucchini and cucumbers for goodness sake. You know the kind of vegetables "real" gardeners are afraid of because of the high yield?
Right now I have a lot of green in my garden. Its a good thing. I have something growing on one of my plants that has the potential to be either squash or a disease that will kill the plant. Ho-hum. We are praying it's squash! Although at least one of my kids is busy praying it's a disease!! She hates squash! Who can hate the nutty sweet flavor of yellow squash?? Weirdo!
Now for my expert advice. Pay close attention for this epiphany!
Label your garden so you know what you planted where. Yep! I have no clue what each little box contains. The sad part is I planted some basil. I have about three plants that could possibly be the basil. Of course what if I pick the basil leaves and it turns out it was really the pepper plant? *Sigh* I just have to wait and pray something appears. :)

Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. My wife and I are only going on our second year of gardening, and once you see a few seedlings grow up into adult plants, you'll be able to recognize (quite early) what initial leaves (there's a more complicated word that isn't coming to memory right now) look like.

    Basil, I believe, has broad, spade-shaped leaves at first. Basil leaves will also have a very distinct odor. Do a Google image search for basil seedlings and you'll see what they look like. Pepper comes up with two very thin leaves. Definitely don't want to mistake pepper leaves for basil leaves...all parts of nightshade plants are toxic except the fruits.

    Hope this helps (or perhaps you've figured it out already).

    ReplyDelete