Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Updates

Ok I will try to blog for real later but for now here are updates on our children.

A our 2 year old who has been with us for a year and a half had a court hearing today. Its his two year review which means he has been in care for two years now. I found out yesterday that they were changing his goal from reunification to adoption. Well his mother did not show up for court due to some "medical problems". The worker thinks and I agree that she forgot about court today, found out yesterday when our worker talked to her, and was not able to get a ride on such short notice. She and A's father claim they cant afford bus tickets BUT they do smoke a pack a day.. Hmm! Anyways court has been rescheduled for Oct 4. We are hoping to get a trial date for termination of parental rights on this day.

Our girls KA, KE, and T are already on the adoption hit list. The worker told us the other day she wants to have it finalized by Christmas. I would be ecstatic. She has already sent in to get our adoptive license I just have to finish the application.

And last but never least is 4 year old C his mom is actually doing her case plan and has reached midpoint. We are excited because that means in probably six months or less he will be going home. I really like his mom and believe that she will do right by him. She also asked if after all this was over if she could visit our church. I told her absolutly. If I knew her boyfriend better I might invite them out now but because I dont feel comfortable with him I have to keep a low profile.

Well those are the updates on my little family. Please remember all the impending court dates and adoptions in your prayers.

My home beautification project hit a speed bump this week as I came down with an awful cold. Im doped up on DayQuil right now just to get through the basics and make sure I can go get my girls from school. :)

Ok love to you all! More later.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing you are to the world to foster/adopt children! What an inspiration! I pray all goes well for you and the little ones, and I pray that you will get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    I've been a bit under the weather too. I hope you are feeling better now though. I think I'm finally on the mend but still have a VERY sore throat.

    Anyway, I'm sorry for the emotional ups and downs your children have gone and continue to go through. I will remember the court dates/cases in my prayers.

    What a miracle and blessing you and your husband are to these children's lives and potentially their parents' lives as well.

    God bless you,
    Mina

    ReplyDelete