Thursday, September 8, 2005

Time with friends.

We had a wonderful time tonight. We went and had dinner with some friends (MICHELLE HERE YOU ARE IN MY BLOG!!) They have the cutest 1 year old boy. He and my 2 year old are great friends. They got to sit by each other tonight Keith (the friend) in his highchair and A my baby in his booster chair. They giggled together, ate together, whined to get down together, and then had a good time staring at each other. Keith was so cute he wanted to get up so he would say in the cutest high pitched voice, "Up?". Now my A he just whined... "Wanna get doooowwwn!".
Michelle is expecting number 2 in January. Im so excited. She is a great mommy and Ricky (Her husband-Look Ricky your here too!) are amazing parents. They are doing such a good job. I got to be present at Keith's birth. It was such an amazing honor to be asked to be there. I believe with all my heart that God will one day grant me a baby from my own womb BUT if he does not I got to experience Keith's birth and for that I will forever be grateful.
We were also joined by another friend whom I had not seen in a long time. It was nice to catch up with her. (HI JESSICA!) I went to highschool with Michelle and Jessica and we met Ricky through another friend we went to highschool with.
We were laughing tonight because my oldest daughter whom I will be adopting soon was born in April of the year I graduated from highschool. We figured at our reunion I will fit right in. Most of my "friends" were expecting or had a baby at graduation. I told them about twelfth grade Anatomy and Physiology where I was surronded by girls who talked about diapers, formula, and vaccines during class. I was such the odd man out! Now I have to admit that these girls I sat around were to be "admired" in a sense. We went to a college prep public highschool. Which means it was a bit harder than most highschools. All of our classes were gifted or advanced and we graduated with more credits than we really needed. These girls stuck it out and passed with good grades and college prospects. Im not admiring them for having a baby so young but for taking a tough situation and making the best of it. I heard them condemed and could not help but think that the baby they had was still a gift from God. God still had something special planned just for that little person.
Anyways most of the point of that was to tell you all I had a great time with friends tonight.

Around the House:
I am on a serious decluttering kick. I mean like a show no mercy kick. I will blog more about why later. Its something I have been convicted about lately. All the stuff in our living room that is going on Freecycle is in a big box. I have already put up like 4-5 posts to get rid of some things. Im thinking for the next month or so Im going to try not to make any unneccessary purchases!
I have finally completed all the laundry from our trip.
The girl's room is almost livable.
The boy's room for some reason has started to go down hill again so I have to get on that.
Homeschooling Preschool is going great! The children are enjoying it and Im excited that it seems to be working out.
Unfortunatly we veered from our MOTH schedule a lot this week. But Im ready and raring to go tommorrow morning. We have only craft time tomorrow and after that I will be decluttering like a mad woman!
Ok going to bed now so I can get up at the right time! :)

3 comments:

  1. your link to lori's blog isnt working

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be working now. Hers and Brandy's. I posted them wrong. Still learning! :)
    Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JULIE! I decided to post on this one cause you talked about me. LOL. Loved catching up on all the parts of your life that I missed. LOL.

    ReplyDelete