Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Home Part 1

Ok here we go. I was thinking I could take some digitals but its not going to happen. So I will have to refer back to all the adjectives I learned in school!
Lets start at the front door and work our way back, shall we? Come in the front door you are in our mini foyer Its actually rather nice. It has wood linouleum and a small picture that says, "God Bless Our Home". To the right is the playroom. There is a big ugly couch in there. I throw blankets on it but... well... its the playroom and they always end up being used for a tent or a cape or a gown... It has rips in the cushions. I am trying to find a new home for old faithful. Its actually a very sturdy, well made couch, just needs a good cover. In front of the couch you will find a small tv stand and tv. There is a VCR and a DVD player on the shelves. Normally around this you find all sorts of videos and DVDs scattered around. Not to mention wires everywhere. There are boxes of toys lining the walls and scattered around the floor. In the closet you will find bins of movies. Soon the TV will be moved out of this room and it will be just a play room with plenty of space to play. Now the walls would be cute if I could finish them.... The top is a country blue and the bottom a soft yellow and there is a teddy bear border around the middle. Now having never done painting two different colors or wallpapering before I went about this all wrong. I have blue where yellow should be in some spots and yellow where blue should be in others. Also we ran out of border and I had to go get some more. My challenge is to finish this room by October 15. Look closely at the carpet. There are only three rooms in this house with carpet that looks as good as this. Its a light brown color. I thought it was darker until we moved the cats and the kids in. :( LOL The toys around the room are about to get organized into bins. I have a twelve bin system set up on paper and if the toy does not fall into that catagory out it is going!
To the left of the front door is our library/school room. We have about 4 bookcases (2 tall, 1 medium, and 1 short) backed up against the far wall. On the next wall is a desk COVERED with papers and books. This will be my desk one day when I get it cleared off. Next to the desk is a wall that has a banner across the top that says, "Look what we made this week!" Underneath I hang up all the projects the children did during the week during preschool. Across the room is a recliner rocker and next to that is my husbands exercise bike. In the middle of the room is a small table and chairs that the children use. I would like to paint this room the same yellow that is in the playroom. Also the carpet needs to be replaced with wood laminate as the cats tend to get sick in this room and also use this room when they dont want to use the litter box. (See I told you I was going to be transparent!). The desk needs to be cleared off. The recliner rocker is going to move to another room where it will be better utilized. And the exercise bike is going in our room so hubby can ride while he plays his computer games. And I hope to get some shelving and some more bookcases for this room. Target date of completion for everything that can be done for little to no money..October 10.
Walk down our little hallway. There is a big wall there that will soon be covered in pictures of all the children who have lived in our home. There will be potraits and candid shots. I am also looking for the verse
Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalms 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Psalms 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

To go on this wall. Across from it is a pretty little country plaque that says, "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6" Underneath that is a white whicker table with a glass shelf top. It has pictures on top and underneath some pretty bowls. Down the hall a little ways is the bookshelf that houses puzzles, coloring books and crayons. This bookshelf is moving into the library soon. The carpet in this hallway needs to be replaced as well thanks to the kitties. I would like to add some more pictures and Bible verse plaques and artwork to this wall. I LOVE having God's word all over the walls of my house! There is no doubt when you walk in that you are in a Christian's home. Target date for completion of the hallway... October 5.
I will stop here because it seems my tour might get a little long. Tomorrow we will explore the children's rooms and the family room/dining room.
Im excited because it has been freecylce central here lately as people have been at my door constantly to pick stuff up. Hubby said Saturday he will sit down with me and try to figure out a place for all the things we have to keep.
On another exciting note. I should get the adoption application Monday and if we can get all our paperwork turned in by the end of the month we might be eligible to finalize the adoption on the girls by CHRISTMAS!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Julie ... email me ... I have a question about your old faithful couch.

    lady4jesus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the girls! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete