Saturday, September 17, 2005

My Home Part 3

OK last but not least the bedrooms. We shall start in the girls bedroom. There is a bunkbed up against one wall. They do not have matching sheets..sometimes I wonder if the top bunk has sheets at all! :) Against another wall and by the window is a twin bed. Different sheets again. There is a plastic rolling 6 drawer thingy with clothes in it next to the bed and next to that is a 5 drawer white dresser that has in the last few days decided to fall apart. Two of the doors came off the drawers.. On the next wall is a three compartment hamper. This has worked wonderfully as each girl has her own compartment. Unfortunately it has bitten the dust. I need to get one a little more sturdy if I am going to ask my three year old to pull the clothes out of the bottom. :) They have a little closet with a bar at adult level and a wire shelf way up high! So here are the plans for this room. It was going to be a purple wonderland but then one of the girls decided she did not like purple.. However another girl adores ANYTHING purple..dilemma.. ahh I think not. The room will now be done in purple, pink and green. All pastel by the way. I have not decided how I will paint it yet but right now each bed will have a different solid color comforter. I have already made one pillow for the purple bed. Its pink, purple and green plaid with a purple gingham ruffle. I will make one with a green ruffle for the green bed and one with a pink ruffle for the pink bed. My mom and I are learning to crochet and we are making blankets in pink, green and purple to lay over the comforters for decoration. The closet is also getting a makeover. I am going to put a lower bar down for the little girls and one higher for the older girl. The higher bar will also have a section for coats and belts and other stuff. Then I will put in removable shelving for storage space. I think alot of this is going to end up being their adoption present. Im also shelf thingy with bins in pink, green and purple to go into their room.
Now onto the boys room. On the wall when you first walk in is an empty bed. That was little E's bed. He went home. Then there is the closet.. same set up as the girls. On the next wall is A's big boy bed. Whatever sheets end up on there.. they dont necessarily have to match! Then we have a wall with the window and the boys' 5 drawer dresser. And on the last wall is C's bed. Because they are so young Im thinking of going with a construction/primary colors theme in here. It could last a good long time. Im thinking blue walls with red and yellow accents. Maybe red comforters or something constructiony..not sure yet. I hate character rooms but I would love a Bob the Builder room. :) I want to do something similar with their closet but of course more shelf space because the bar would be really low. Im getting them a shelf thing with red, blue and yellow bins.
I guess I will have to bring you into my room eventually. This room is a disaster. We need new paint, new flooring, a new bed... everything. Not gonna happen anytime soon so I have to do with what I have. Right now this room has accumulated all the stuff we are trying to get rid of. Mainly because it is easy for me to list the stuff on freecycle because its right here in front of me. Our sheets ripped so we have no sheets on our bed...they only lasted like two years! Also our pillowcases have gone MIA. Now we are getting a third paycheck this month so I have permission to go to Big Lots and see if I can find some sheets for the bed. The computer is on one wall beside the bed. Across the room is my sewing table and area and my scrapbooking area. These two areas are slowly getting organized. Right now the room is dark brick red. There are some palm tree plates and pictures on the wall and a dessert scene pic with an Arab looking guy holding something. We call him Ahab the Arab..my two year old calls him Jesus... not sure who is but pretty sure he is not Jesus. It just fit the decor of the room. He is flanked by two candle sconces. Ok here is the vision for this room. Either dark blue or white walls. Blue and white striped curtains. A blue and white toile bedspread. Wood flooring. My grandmothers blue and white transferware on a plate ledge around the room. Some other blue and white country accents. White antique bedside tables...or at least good replicas. I think it will be a cool relaxing place. I would also like some screens or something to hide my sewing area and scrapbook area and a white computer armoire to hide the computer junk!
I have not put target dates on any of the above but just know I will as soon as I come up with them.

Well this is my home! I love it. My husband works hard for this home and I should show him how much I appreciate it by caring for it.
Im not done with the Beautiful Homemaking subject. There is still a lot I want to think about on the subject.
I have so much more decluttering and rearranging to do and I am excited when I think of the end result.
Is there anything you changed last week to make your home more beautiful? I would love to hear about it!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I did something to my house to make it beautiful....I cleaned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to see photos!!!!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure if we did this before you came last week or not but to beautify our home my sweetheart and his dad cleaned out the backyard so that it is usable and inviting. I straightened up some book shelves, gave away some of my out grown clothes, and we are working on the "Room of Doom", better known as the junk room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not notice the backyard but your dining room looked so big, remember I said that? :)
    If you are just going to stay pregnant you should definatly give away your clothes and clean out the room of doom! LOL.

    Now girl you know I would love for you to just keep having pretty babies. You are so good at it!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete