Friday, September 9, 2005

The Beauty of Homemaking?

First of all our trip to Atlanta was FABULOUS! We had the best time. I hope to post some pictures soon.
Now, I have been on a serious decluttering kick around here lately. I have been VERY convicted about this area of my life. I was not sure exactly what I was feeling until yesterday at a message board I frequent it was put into words. Where is the beauty in homemaking anymore? Are our homes organized, peaceful, welcoming? Are our children clean, dressed, mannerly, well behaved? Do our husbands go to work with a good lunch, a kiss from a lovely wife, a nicely pressed fresh outfit? Do our husbands come home to a nice house, peaceful house, nice smelling house, orderly house, love and cheerfullness? Ok, ok before you delete this blog from your favorites hear me out! I dont expect everyone to be June Cleaver. I surely am not. Im not exactly sure where I want this to go. But tell me what you think. Where is the beauty in homemaking? Why would anyone want to be a homemaker now? I know the Bible tells us it is right but.... why should we long to stay home and take care of home and family? Any takers? I will blog more about it either over the weekend or early next week. Im still trying to collect my thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. I heard your husband is real Hot! Will you let him father my robot baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts Julie. I've been getting some thoughts together on much of the same stuff actually .... lol. Not gonna share it here cuz then I won't have nothin to blog about ... but ... well. ... you'll see it whenever I get it posted. lol

    Love ya girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy thats ok I will just link to your post when you do it!

    love ya
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,

    It's good to "see" you back! I must say that I really think you are doing a great work. I tell that to my sister all the time, and I'm telling it to you now. What you're doing is not just important, it's essential. Every conversation you have with your children; every prayer you say with them or for them; every dish you clean; every meal you prepare; every time you do homework with them or read to or with them; you are creating a character and a personality and changing the future......

    Mina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mina, thank you for the kind comments. Sometimes its hard because your dont see immediate results but when they do or say something and you know its because of the training and praying they have received it is all the reward you ever need! :)

    ReplyDelete