Thursday, September 11, 2008

What does September 11 mean to me?

Well, I guess I need to join blog land and remember 9/11. I pretty much gave all my thoughts concerning that day here. So read away. 9/11 has another meaning for me though.

You see the very next day this beautiful little girl came into the world. At the time she lived somewhere else. She had another mommy and maybe a daddy.
She had some older sisters. I like to think she had a home. I don't know. But God knew. He knew 7 years ago today that tomorrow a little girl would be born and in 3 more years she would come to my house to stay.
She is my spunky girl! She sees EVERYTHING! Don't try to pull one over on her! NO sir! She will catch ya. She can smile and light up your world OR she can give you a look that will scorch you.
She wants so badly to be as big as her sisters. She thinks her baby brother talks to much. She has a best friend in Adrian. They either get along great or hate each other. She has not mastered reading yet, but boy does she want to. She has these amazingly chubby cheeks that you just want to smother in kisses. She's very opinionated.. a little bit like her mama. She always has one toe over the line. My other girls mimic me perfectly, "I hate Bratz!" while spunky says, "OH, I love Bratz!" She has never had anything Bratz in her life, she just wants so badly to be different.
My mom thinks Kelsie is the middle child. Kelsie has no middle child tendencies. Tamara has all the middle child tendencies!
Anyways, all that to say. I love this little girl more than I ever thought I could love another human being. I am so glad God brought her to me.

Happy 7th birthday Tamara! While the rest of the world cried tears of sorrow you were preparing to cry the first tears of your life. You are indeed a special little girl!

6 comments:

  1. What a beauty!
    You and I are kindred spirits indeed! I was 8 months pregnant with my son and he arrived 19 days later. Such a blessing.
    To me Sept. 11th is patriots day but it also was my Papa Jack's birthday. He is missed greatly.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that like God to bring beauty from ashes...she really is a beauty!!! Happy Birthday Tamara...7 is such a special time in a girl's life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tamara !!
    May you have a wonderful day.

    Julie- what a special gift God has given you.( 5 that is !!!)

    Blessings my friend -
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by. A very Happy Birthday Wish to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son was born on September 10th that year. It was very hard being stuck in the hospital and watching all that on TV. I always hug my babies a little tighter that day. Hope your girl has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE her red dress!!!! The ice cream and the dress together are awesome!! :)

    I felt Judah kick for the first time on Sept. 11th. I had seen death and destruction all day on the TV. Then, at the end of the day, I felt a strong kick!! Life. :) God is good.

    ReplyDelete