Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The one in which we solve all the problems....

on a Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday mornings I gather with a group of ladies. Supposedly for Bible study.
Right now we are enjoying working our way through the video study by Elizabeth George. A Woman After God's Own Heart.

A lot of times though we spend hours fixing all the world's problems. For instance before, during, and after the Bible study this week we discussed: adult children caring for their parents, versions of the Bible, Sarah Palin, raising children, Barak Obama, George W. Bush, our church.... by lunch time we'd recessed for the day.
We have moms, grandmas, great grandmas (GG, isn't that a cute great grandma name?). We have married folk and widows. There are kids playing quietly in the background. (Ha, Ha, Ha, HA!) We pray for one another, for marriages in our church and outside of it, for our leaders, for our families, for the sick, for the lonely... we pray! We study God's word. We discuss. We agree. We disagree. It's ok. We do that with laughter.

Any one of us would drop anything for the other and come running in a minute. We load the kids up in a car and rush to help a friend.

We have different spiritual gifts. You want the truth mixed with love (I try)? You want to know something in black and white.. come see me! :) You want mercy, compassion, and sympathy? Check with Melodie or Jennifer. I know I do. LOL

We are more than friends, we are sisters. Others are invited to our time of fellowship. Some come and stay for a season, some (Jennifer) set up camp and dive right in, some walk away shaking their heads. If you come once and don't get it, try again. We want you!

We have differences. We have similarities. If the President wants some advice he should definitely call us because we have it figured out.

They are my prayer warriors. They are my girls. They are my Tuesday Chicks.

And I have to add because this is just the type of friend I am... especially number 1!

True Friendship

None of that Sissy Stuff

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, But never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on mountain dew.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well Again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy butt while I help you up.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end.. 'Why?' you may ask; 'because you are my friend'.

Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth

5 comments:

  1. how BLESSED you are to have such a group :-) I wish I had something like that.. we are having trouble finding a church that sticks to the bible and not it's own agendas - let alone finding any friends with the same philosophies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so wonderful to hear you have that closeness and fellowship! We so need it during these trying times and it sure is a blessing to the soul!

    I have that Elizabeth George books as well, but then again, who doesn't? :-)

    I hope you are having just an awesome week Sis!

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many churches today lack the fellowship you described and sadly there are times when my own church fits in that category.

    I had to laugh at the quote at the end. A lady at church received it in an e-mail from one of her friends and her 12 year old son had to share it with everyone, which embarrassed his mother.

    Micha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louisana momma, your blog is too cute. I don't totally agree with my church. We are a little too progressive for my tastes but the people are wonderful and the pastor loves his flock and God. Its great! My friends don't necessarily share my ideas but they are respectful and we have fun debates. :)

    Dawn, I agree! They are a balm to my heart some days. :)
    This is like my 3rd or 4th time through this particular study. Every time I come back to it I learn something new.

    Mimi, Miss Micha, I just stopped by your blog for the first time. I love it. Im a stickler for hearing about others days!
    My best friend Melodie, sent me that email. She said it was perfect for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew SO much when I participated in "A Woman After God's Own Heart" study. Yikes! It was 10 years ago. Where does time go?
    Loved your thoughts on friendship. I am getting in the car tomorrow morning to watch a friend of 25 years get married so it is aptly fitting.
    Loved your images. Great post!

    ReplyDelete