Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just so you know...

I used to advocate so strongly for other Christian parents to become foster parents if at all possible.

I retract that advice. Please don't put your family through this unless God absolutely positively calls you to it. Once you are a foster parent you never get to not be one. Years later they can show up at your door and your world turns upside down.

Please keep our family in your prayers.

I guess I should say, God did call my family to this. He knew before we even started what would happen years later. He knows the outcome even now. I will trust Him to protect my family.
I'm just a little upset. I never once regretted my decision to foster. Never once until today. Of course then where would MY babies be? I can't regret it for long because there are these beautiful eyes staring at me. Lots of boo-boos to kiss. Hair to play with. Trucks to race around the living room.

God, thank you for my children. Each one was placed in this home for a reason. Protect them and us from anyone who wants to come against us. Place your guards around our door to keep the evil out. Amen.

A shout out also, to HSLDA and Mr. Klicka for rushing to help us out this morning. Mr. Klicka was awesome and so was his staff who speedily made sure we got to talk to someone and helped us with our rights. Please if you homeschool join HSLDA. I always in the back of my mind wanted to join but kept putting it off thinking we were safe. DH and I agreed it was the BEST investment we ever made. It really was not that expensive either.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry you're having a hard day. We used to not be members of HSLDA, we are now. You never know what you may need them for. We live in Texas and the children have never been to gov't schools, so we have avoided much difficulty, but you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry J!

    I'm saying goodbye and praying, right now!

    Love Ya Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayers. I still have this feeling of dread in the pit of my stomache but I also feel peace. Please keep praying.

    ReplyDelete