Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Cooking Ministry

Well, Im ready for something a little lighter around here, how about you? :)

The ladies from our church get together every other month and make up a big batch of freezer meals. One lady has a pressure canner so sometimes we make soup and sauces as well. We store these freezer meals and pass them out throughout the month to families in need. Job loss, new baby, illness, family crises... you get the picture.

Its been so wonderful to have this time of fellowship and also to not have to coordinate a bunch of different meals for a family in need. I keep them in a chest freezer I have here at home. Another lady with a big pantry keeps all the canned stuff.
We make chicken and rice, mac n cheese, meatloaf, mashed potatoes.. all sorts of different meals.
We take donations from members for food. Also we have some money budgeted for it. It's worked out great for the past 4 months we have done it.
Does your church have anything like this?
Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Julie-

    I love this idea !! I am in charge of the meals ministry at our church.

    When there is a need, I make the calls and if I can't get enough people, I just cook away !!
    This sounds so much better!

    Blessings-
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete