Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Sunday post?

I try not to post on Sunday, but I read something this morning that made me stop and think. I know that most conservative Christians are at a stalemate with the whole McCain/Palin thing. I am resigning myself to voting for this ticket, but I still have a few months to express my views. :)
Here though, is an excellent article on the book of Judges and everyones new hero Deborah.
Read and let me know your thoughts. I am very interested. I am not always right. I have to stand for what I believe is right. If I have good scriptural evidence I can be persuaded to accept a new idea.
That being said, I can not be happy about the McCain/Palin ticket. Someone mentioned that God must have ordained her to be on the ticket. Sure, but then we have to concede that God must have ordained Barak Obama to be on the ticket as well, no? I think God knew perfectly well who was going to be on the ticket. I just accept God as big like that. :)
In the end, God is in control. I have prayed and prayed and asked him to show me if I am being too stubborn or hard headed about this whole thing. I have only spoken up briefly with some at church about what I think of the whole issue. Mostly, I stay quiet and listen. Maybe this is wrong. My friends know that I don't like a woman in this office. That's pretty much all I say.
Anyways, this was going to be a short post. LOL.
Here is the article.

Hat Tip: Life in a shoe

3 comments:

  1. A very interesting read Julie. The only thing I would question was where it was said that "she is not in submission to her husband".

    (note: I am NOT being sarcastic here)
    Has her husband come out and said that he does not wish for her to run? I could have missed that if he did. I may be misinformed but if he told her TO run, etc. then she would be submitting.

    I'm just saying. We cross the line at times like that where we don't know whole stories.

    The Biblical support was well done. I just questioned that part of it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having this same battle. I will vote for McCain, but I to believe Mrs. Palin's family come first and foremost in her life. That Is God's role for wives and mothers. The Republican Party has been in a situation of decline for sometime. I agree with the author, Gov. Palin mught just be the best they had to offer.
    Ruth, PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM3, I agree with that. I should have mentioned that. We don't know if she is being submissive.
    I was really looking at the article as more of a commentary on Deborah. :)

    Ruth, thanks so much for stopping by! One of the main problems I have had with people comparing Palin to Deborah is the fact that I think there were men available in the Republican party who could have done outstanding had they been chosen. Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee being two big ones that I thought of right off. I firmly believe Palin was picked because she was a woman.

    ReplyDelete