Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sunday...


Sunday will be a big day for my family.

I am doing the storyteller part of our kid's program. We have a program called Kid City that we do before the worship service. It's aimed at families. Basically we take one virtue a month and there are songs, skits, and stories for the whole month. This month is respect. We are working around umbrellas, because parents and others in authority over you are placed there by God, like an umbrella, for your protection. I like that analogy. Of course my umbrella is really messed up and has holes in it. I get to talk about David and Saul. Basically, as you all know, Saul had some issues with David. One minute he liked him the next he wanted to kill him. But while David protected himself, he still respected Saul. He had a few opportunities to kill Saul (one in a cave where David cut off a piece of Saul's robe...thats my story) but instead waited until Saul left and then went out, fell to the ground, and begged Saul to reconsider killing him. Saul repented and agreed that David should not be killed. The moral of our story is we have to respect people in authority over us even if we don't agree with them. Thats my short version of the story. You can read the whole story in 1 Samuel 18-24. I think this is a great lesson. I just hope I don't forget my lines. LOL
The second thing is my husband is going to be ordained as an Elder in our church. He and two other men are the first ordained Elders for our church so its monumental on many levels. I am so impressed with how much he has grown just in the past year. He was so strong and godly just last year when he called our former pastor to repentance, I can't believe he is now an Elder. He is perfect for the job though. Humble and willing to serve God wherever he can. He also is an awesome leader of his home. Our pastor did tell the men that they had to be in God's word daily to be an elder. He called them everyday for two weeks straight at an appointed time to see what they had read that day. Its done wonders for my guy and I'm so happy and thankful. My man gets a little better everyday and I love him a little more everyday. :)
I'm really looking forward to Sunday.

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what an honor for your dh! I do believe there should be very HIGH standards for elders and pastors - and I'm sure your dh fits the position perfectly!

    Congrats and he will be in our prayers as he takes this on for the Lord~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete