Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday...


I could not come up with a clever title.
We got a late start on today. The children are just now finishing up their morning glass of kefir. I really need to get serious about finding some grains. Right now I use the Lifeway brand from Publix, but we go through about two bottles of that in two to three days. They also had oatmeal for breakfast. One of the changes I hope to make in the coming weeks is to begin soaking our oatmeal overnight. I'm still reading up on the whys of it and I will blog about it the more I understand it.
I am also going to talk to hubby about taking the kids off of tap water. It will mean our grocery bill goes up slightly because all we drink is water so that would mean at least one maybe two more cases of bottled water every two weeks. Once again still working through most of the whys of this change and will blog about it when I understand it better.
For lunch today we will have plain yogurt with honey and cinnamon. I will slice some apples up as well. The kids love that.
For dinner we are having the Perfect Pot Roast, with steamed broccoli and salad. I have been using the book Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely for the past month and we have loved it. She has a low carb addition I am thinking about exploring.
We have some extra homeschooling to get done today so I'm going to skip Latin again this week. I skipped it last week also. Its ok, we just take Latin at our own pace. The kids enjoy it and I try not to make it a tedious, have to do thing.
I want to get into the girls' closet and start decluttering and organizing. Today is wash day for all of our bedding. I start with the girls' quilts because they have to hang dry. I do my comforter second because it takes two turns in the dryer. Then I do the boys' comforters and lastly the sheets and pillowcases. It takes all day. LOL. I have to scrub the floor around our toilet. We have a leak or something so it is going to take some extra cleaning. I also need to make some bread today.
I am going to stick to my way of making bread for the time being. I am reading up on soaking grains and sour dough and other stuff in NT, but its not a change I'm going to make right now.
Well, I better get going. Its time to start our morning chores...at 12pm. Yes, we are way off this morning. LOL.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your blog. I remember when you were still in the adoption process, on the Beautiful Womanhood board. My husband also struggles with diabetes, do you have any good websites to reccomend about Nourishing Traditions?

    I saw on the news recently that much of the bottled water we buy is tap water. You might be better off in the long run buying a filter type pitcher. I've seen them on ebay, I can't remember what they are called.
    I do hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary! How are you? LOL the adoption process seems like so long ago. I cant believe it was only a year...well almost a year and a half.
    I have found some very interesting websites regarding Nourishing Traditions. I will post them in a few days.
    I saw that about water too. Im trying to find some good water. We had the filter pitcher for awhile and did not like it.

    ReplyDelete