Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Health Challenge


I am participating in a challenge at Lori's blog. She came up with the idea to challenge ourselves to change 6 things about our health habits for the next 6 weeks.
Here are my six:

1. Take my medicine everyday. I am so bad about this. For right now I am on medication to regulate my blood sugar. Even though I am working to get off of it, I need to be diligent about taking it. I also need to take my supplements daily.

2. Read with my babies everyday. This is for my calming, emotional health. I always feel so guilty that we don't read together enough.

3. Raw foods (fruits and veggies with yogurt) at lunch time. I will post more on the why of this later.

4. Soup or salad with dinner. Getting in more of those raw veggies (salad) or mixture of veggies (soup). I am hoping to make the soup with homemade stock and the salad's homemade dressing.
5. Get back to making our bread 2-3x a week.

6. In bed by 11pm.

These are the things I hope to accomplish in the coming weeks.
I finished the introduction and mastering the basics section of Nourishing Traditions and I am preparing to start implementing. We wont do everything, but there is enough we can change to make a difference. Babysteps!!


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment