Friday, September 21, 2007

Im an adoptive mom.

I have been thinking about something off and on lately. I will gladly tell anyone that Im an adoptive mom. I think its even mentioned in my profile. I was wondering the other day if it sounds like bragging. I dont want it to. You see, I share that Im an adoptive mom because I want to encourage others. Our road was long and hard. I like to say I was in labor for 3 long years. However, it was worth ever miserable step. It was worth every delay. It was worth every time someone said to me, "wait". I want desperatly to do it all again. I willingly and openly tell people our adoption story because I want them to see God's hand in everything. My children and I talk about it at times and I tell them what a great testimony they have to share. I want them to be excited about adoption. My three girls talk all the time about the kids they want to adopt when they grow up. They know their momma hopes to add to our family again through adoption. I wish more Christians would take up the task.
I dont claim the title of adoptive mom proudly. I claim it humbly. I know that God was the author of the whole thing. I know I had nothing to do but be His willing servant. But I do claim the title. I claim it boldly. I claim it loudly. I claim it for all to hear and to be willing to come forth with questions.
In the next few days I will be reposting some of the blogs I put up about our adoption/fostcare experience. I hope to spark an interest in some that will lead to good homes for these lost children.

Be Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm glad to read your post. I cannot recall how I arrived here, however :-)
    This Monday my wife and I became the adoptive parents of siblings: Abigail 31 months, and little brother Titus 12 months.
    Adoption is indeed a blessing of grace.
    pastoralmusings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete