Monday, September 3, 2007

Getting Creative

Ok, so because of an unexpected expense we have very, very little money for the next two weeks. Time to turn to the pantry for meal.
Saturday Dinner
I had some cooked lasagna noodles.
I had tomato sauce
I had seasonings to turn the tomato sauce into spaghetti sauce
I had cheddar cheese, but no mozzerella or parmesean.
I'd seen a recipe in a magazine that used cream cheese and sour cream.
I had cream cheese and plain yogurt (which we use in place of sour cream)
I did not have any meat thawed, but I did have some beans.
I cooked the beans and spaghetti sauce together.
I mixed two packages of cream chees with a couple of cups of plain yogurt and mixed in the cheddar.
I made it up like lasagna and my family loved it! It was very rich so everyone was full with one helping.
Sunday breakfast
We usually eat this at church. Our church has Panera rolls every Sunday morning so its a treat for the kids.
Sunday Lunch
We get to bring home leftover Parnera bread, so I grabbed a couple of loaves and we had egg salad sandwhiches.
I had eggs.
I had mayonaise.
I had dijon mustard.
I had seasonings.
The kids loved the sandwhices.
Sunday dinner
Had the leftover lasagna and bread.
Monday breakfast
I always have a good supply of oatmeal.

I will let you know what we had for lunch and dinner later. Im still not 100% sure what that will be.
I woke up feeling achy and with a sore throat. Im going to take some garlic and vitamin C and see how that works out. I will probably also drink some Thera Flu just to get me through today. Fortunatly, hubby is home today and will probably help out.
As for the other drama in my life some people from church got a lead on what hotel the girl is staying at, so they are there now staking it out.

Have a blessed Labor Day.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE getting creative in the kitchen and making something out of "nothing." Today, I had pork cutlets thawing and was thinking of doing a stir-fry. However, I don't stock soy sauce and was at a loss as to how to make dinner work. So, I simply started by browning the cutlets in coconut oil. I added red onion, fresh garlic and lemon juice. Then, I seasoned the pork with curry powder, seasoned salt, paprika, black pepper and cinnamon. It needed a sauce, so I poured in some leftover coconut milk and then added a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies. After this cooked a while, I topped it with some coconut and served it with coconut brown rice. It was quite good! Not bad for not knowing what to do for dinner. The added perk was the Indian aroma throughout the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another reason why your my hero and I want to be like you when I get growned up. ;)

    I always love how you can make a meal without a recipe or much need for inspiration (other than necessity)! I can have all the ingredients needed for something but never figure out "what's for dinner?" Know what I mean?

    Love ya,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bewildered right now. First of all, it is 10pm- past my bed time- and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I have found it!! I don't know where to begin. I cannot describe it all right now. Basically, I am a man who has spent the past 2 years researching every city and town in the u.s. looking for a place with a female UNemployment rate over 10 percent. I can't find one. Not one. I am an 'anti feminist' activist and have been for over 4 years now. I want to be a part of this so bad. Wait, I AM a part of this. I have lost family, friends, my membership as an anti feminist in many forums and some organiazations because I stressed above all else- women staying home! Nobody sides with me on this. Anyway, long story short, I MUST be a part of this forum/blog/group/organization somehow. It is so important. Please. I hate to sound corny but...I've got nowhere else to go!!! Please. There isn't another like this. This blog is a dream come true for me. I can't even type.....They are trying to kill us!!!!!!!!! They are telling men on web sites to divorce their wives if thier wives stay home!! I can help you ladies. <---wow I haven't called a woman a lady in a long time. anyway i have to go. please don't stop existing. I am with you all 100 percent!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete