Friday, August 17, 2007

Sweating it out

The kids spent time in the yard pulling weeds and sweeping the sidewalk one late afternoon. At one point the girls' hair was pulled up I promise. LOL

Here are Kelsie, Tamara, and Adrian pulling out the weeds.
Tamara was mighty proud of pulling this big boy out all by herself.
Karly got the job of sweeping up the sidewalk when I was finished edging. See I did more than bark orders and take pictures. LOL


One lady walked by and stopped to observe the children working. She told me her kids are all teenagers and she could never get them to do all that work. That made me sad. My kids enjoying helping out. I think because they know it makes them a part of the family. They like to work beside us when we are outside or inside. Plus they understand there is no other choice. I think thats a big thing with kids. If they think they have a choice in helping or not they will choose to be lazy and stay inside playing. With us its, "Hey, time to go outside and get some yardwork done. Get your gloves on!" Having fun tools helps. The kids all have fun gloves and even small garden tools to work with. In the house we have two smaller brooms. They love to sweep the house.
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment