Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Something new...

So I am reading a book called "Real Life Homeschooling" (I think) and its about 21 different families of homeschoolers and what their homeschool looks like. I am picking up lots of ideas. One thing I am trying is "blocks of time". Here is what it looks like:

Monday, Thursday, Friday

6am-9am
Mommy up/shower/dress
Mommy Bible Time
Mommy make breakfast/start dinner prep
Kids up/dress
Kids clean room
Kids free reading or a few chores
Eat breakfast
Family Bible Time

9am-12pm
Chores
Latin
Karly/Kelsie school
Tam/Ad creative time
Jonathan blocks
Jonathan/Tam/Ad video (either Baby Signs or Letter Factory)
Tam/Ad legos
Jonathan playpen time

12pm-3pm
Lunch
Karly/Kelsie school
Tam/Ad school
Jonathan nap
Jonathan highchair play
Read aloud
Bible with Karly/Kelsie

3pm-5pm
Rest/assigned reading
Life skills Karly (and soon Kelsie)
creative time Karly/Kelsie

5pm-8pm
Dinner prep
Dinner
Dinner cleanup
Family time

8pm-10pm
Family Bible
Bed (hopefully by 9)


I don't have a set time for everything just a chunk of time. I work through everything with an idea of where I am supposed to be when. Will it work? I don't know we are on week one. We will follow this on Wed for a couple of weeks as well, because dance is off for two weeks and co-op does not start until the last Wed of the month.
I like how it looks and feels so I'm praying it will work out.

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm considering homeschooling my daughter, so this is all useful info. Do you manage to get all that done in one day? I'm impressed- one of the things that is worrying me about homeschooling is that I wouldn't have time with it between working at home and trying to keep my house from being a total wreck.

    ReplyDelete