Saturday, October 29, 2005

Christmas shopping

Ok..with five children you HAVE to start Christmas shopping early. Today I spent some money from our Christmas budget and bought A LOT! I was so impressed with my purchases. I have decided to be picky about what the children would get for Christmas. For instance my girls were gonna get girl toys and my boys boy toys. And not a bunch of junk either. I found a BIG thing of the little green army men at Target for a whopping 5 dollars! I was so excited. I also got the neatest ballet set for my five year old. It has a video, a barre, a dance mat, and a ballerina outfit complete with shoes for a whopping 30 dollars. The smile on her face when she sees it will be priceless..I promise. I also broke down and bought her a Barbie..its ballerina Barbie and Kelly. I could not resist. She is such a girly girl. For my sweet little T age 4 I got I got some dollhouse furniture for her birthday dollhouse and a box of dress up clothes. I also picked up some Bob the Builder legos for my little A man. I did not pick up anything for KA today. The other day I got her a three in one craft kit. Kids crossstitch, sewing and needlpoint. Today I almost get her a Knitting Needle set for kids complete with yarn, project guide and instruction book but I chickened out. I dont know how to knit (when I tried I flopped totally.) I really need to learn though. I might go back and get it and we can learn together. :\ (BTW thats my, "Eek is that something I really want to do?"smiley!) As far as my four year old little guys I did not get him anything yet because he may go home before Christmas. (We are hoping not because we dont like him but because his mom has worked so hard and he misses her so much) If he does go home I of course will send him home with a few things from us but I dont want to be his Christmas present source, if that makes sense! I am planning on getting some wrapping paper and starting to wrap soon. Im also making a list of what Ive bought so I dont go wild. Like my little guy is just about done. A few more Bob the Builder legos and the big playset and another thing we have looked at and he is done. I want to get T the Dora dress up doll with a couple of outfits and some Dora legos and she is done. KA is getting a few more craft items, cookbook and apron, a sewing book, some jewelry, and a baby doll and she is done. KE is getting a cookbook and apron, a few craft items, some jewelry, and a baby set and she is done. Its probably a lot more than some parents would get for their children but understand this, they are fixing to loose a lot of their toys. I am implementing my clear bin toy system right before Christmas. Im so excited to be getting organized in this department.
So anyone else done any Christmas shopping? Whatdja get?

1 comment:

  1. wow you sure have been busy. we have three kids. So far we've bought for our older daughter... Little Women on dvd, a jean skirt,
    For daughter #2 we've bought Racing Stripes on dvd, a bank machine toy with a bank card that can actually tell how much money is in the bank, and she has to use her card to make withdrawals, for our son, Spiderman 2 dvd, a book, and a stool for his room, and 2 games for his gameboy....

    We're not done yet. I've ordered dolls for the girls, and bedding for our son's room and I dunno what else yet, probably a couple more toys.

    ReplyDelete