Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Boot Camp

Ok here we go! Its the October Clean Your House Boot Camp. With fall in the air...everywhere but good old Florida I have this bug to make my house warm and cozy..even with the air conditioner on!
Im starting today in the kitchen. So far I have all the dishes done but one teensy little pile that I think I will let my eight year old work on when she gets home from school. Im in the process of cleaning off all the counters. This is going to take a day or two because I am putting everything that sits on the counters on my children's' picnic table in the middle of the floor. When I need something it will go back on the counter. If I do not reach for it this week it is going on the appliance shelf. Im afraid this means the toaster wont be on the counter but we NEVER use it. Why is it taking up space?? Next is the stove. I am going to clean the vent out and scrub all round the hood and top part really good. Also the wall above the stove needs a good wipe down. I have a smooth cook top so I will take my cream cleaner and scrub it down nice and shiny. Next I need to flick on the self cleaning oven button and see how well that works.. I have never used it before. Probably what I remember most from my moms it the house was incredibly hot and it stunk. Sounds like fun! Im cleaning and reorganizing cabinets getting rid of old junk...Monica if your dad still needs anything let me know and I will see if I have it! I am also moving the medicine to the medicine closet. Right now it sits in a cabinet near the stove..convienient, yes.. but I really want all the meds stored in one place for quick retrieval. Makes sense, right? I think this is all I will get done today.

Humor... here are the words to Jingle Bells as sung by my five year old...

Jingle Bells
Jingle Bells
Jingle All the Way
Old McDonald had a farm eieio!

4 comments:

  1. Julie said "Next I need to flick on the self cleaning oven button and see how well that works.. I have never used it before."

    Augustine: Self cleaning ovens rock! Make sure you have a lot of junk at the bottem...if not throw a potato or something in. The oven gets extreamly hot and everything burns. If you make sure you have enough junk at the bottem you get a nice fire and lots of smoke! (can you tell that Monica doesn't like me cleaning the oven).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok maybe I will wait and do this when hubby gets home..I think if my oven catches on fire I will grab the children, run screaming into the street, run back in for at least one cat, run screaming back into the stree, oops gotta get the wedding pics, run screaming back into the street, call the fire department, give my mom a heart attack because she will see the commotion at my house from her house....well you get the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... the sad thing is I can see both of these scenerios vividly. LOL one of you staring in awe at the fire as it rages, the other screaming and running... getting brave enough to grab something... then screaming and running again... hehe... Can I come over and watch both?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A flaming potato burning in the oven party at Julie's house! All are invited!

    ReplyDelete