Saturday, October 29, 2005

Bad day

So Friday started our oldest boy throwing up. He had a visit with his mommy and of course I got a frantic phone call after the visit about how sick he was. Now I totally understand her worry, but Im not going to rush a child to the hospital after his first upset stomache. Im going to do what my mother in law the nurse suggested keep him resting, cool and hydrated. If he is still sick Monday take him to the Dr. If his temp gets too high or he gets A LOT worse take him to the walk in clinic over the weekend. So far with fever reducer and rest he seems to be shaping up. Although if it is the flu like my MIL suspects we may be at the Drs office Monday. (Or at least calling to see if he needs to be there) It has to be hard for her to see her child sick and know she wont be the one caring for him but I assured her I would watch over and care for him as if he were my own (which I do daily anyways) and so far I have. I have washed his face and rubbed his back and tucked him in and given him liquid. Right now he is playing dominoes with his "sisters" and giggling up a storm. I think this "mommy" guided by God's hand is not such a bad nurse! :)
Anyways DH came home sick. So I busted out liquids and I am heading to the store tomorrow for chicken so I can make some chicken stock. (Hint make a lot and freeze for the winters ills and chills.) Im convinced this is one of the best ways to heal - homemade chicken soup. If you are not sure how to make it go to my favorite website all recipes and type it in the search tons of recipes should appear.
The schedule when you have a sick child kinda goes down the tubes. I cuddled and nursed most of the day with him and my other two little people not in school.
Maybe next Friday will go better..or maybe not. But God will provide and things will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment